Too Far, Jimmy Carr? Page 12

Is he still not cancelled? I'm beginning to think this getting cancelled businesses doesn't actually exist.

Except for Piers Morgan.
I think he's going to be cancelled.

Quote: Lazzard @ 2nd June 2022, 4:38 PM

Except for Piers Morgan.
I think he's going to be cancelled.

We can but hope.

It's what he would have wanted...

Jimmy is, in the words of Sylvia Plath, totally f**king awesome.

Agreed. Interesting recent interview about his philosophy of life, he's deep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roROKlZhZyo

The interesting thing is he went to Cumbridge around the same time as me, but he wasn't into comedy then. Very intelligent, witty, cool guy. So is he.

His comment on Cambridge was interesting "very cloistered" and a means to prove he wasn't illiterate.

Cambridge is total shit. He doesn't have to bring it up to prove he's intelligent. Who is he, David Baddiel?

Good point. Baddeal's was more couples comedy (Skinner, Newman). Carr's best on his own, wanker comedy. Although I sense he'd like to couple up with Katherine Ryan. All good, though.

Phwoar.

The interesting thing is that when you do stand-up, you get a tad more anal. Sorry, analytical. And what I love about Jimmy Carr is his ability to say the most appalling thing but look cute and innocent. 'When I was eight years old, I had to go to church. And what I hated about going to church when I was eight was all that standing up and sitting down and kneeling... I wished the priest'd just pick a position and f**k me.' This kinda line wouldn't be improved by manic, frenetic delivery. Jimmy is beyond awesome. After ten years of Open Micing, I still don't have a billionth of his poise. Legend.

There you go, I said something positive and didn't say someone is total and utter f**king shit.

Jimmy Carr is hosting a new show. A rare opportunity to see Jimmy Carr. The J D Salinger of comedy.

The joke about the boy in church is marvellous!