Grandma's House - Series 1 Page 40

Just watched the last episode of this narrative comedy and thought it was probably the best episode. The characters seem to have their place and there were lots of funny lines and visual gags.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 8 2010, 1:21 PM BST

Just watched the last episode of this narrative comedy

:D

I think I've sussed out my problem. I just watched clips of This Is Jinsy and think it's hilarious. This is maybe why I can't find GH funny

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 8 2010, 1:21 PM BST

Just watched the last episode of this narrative comedy and thought it was probably the best episode. The characters seem to have their place and there were lots of funny lines and visual gags.

Was this markedly better than previous episodes do you think? Only last night's was the first I've tuned into.

Quote: bushbaby @ September 8 2010, 1:26 PM BST

I think I've sussed out my problem. I just watched clips of This Is Jinsy and think it's hilarious. This is maybe why I can't find GH funny

Does it have to be so 'one or the other' though? Can't you find both funny?

Quote: David Bussell @ September 8 2010, 1:26 PM BST

Was this markedly better than previous episodes do you think? Only last night's was the first I've tuned into.

I don't know if it's because I'd got into it more, or because the greater tension and faster pace made it funnier.

Quote: David Bussell @ September 8 2010, 1:26 PM BST

I think it's all been of about the same standard.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 8 2010, 1:29 PM BST

I don't know if it's because I'd got into it more, or because the greater tension and faster pace made it funnier.

It's fair to say that even some of the best shows can take a while to bed in. The American Office and Parks and Recreation took a whole season to warm up. Seinfeld took about three. It's frustrating for a newbie writer being told their spec pilot has to read like a work of unalloyed genius but that's the way it goes.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 8 2010, 1:37 PM BST

I think it's all been of about the same standard.

Me too.
I did like it from the beginning, but I think it's the type of show to grow on you.

Quote: David Bussell @ September 8 2010, 1:27 PM BST

Does it have to be so 'one or the other' though? Can't you find both funny?

I think GH is too quick for me, the lines are said too speedily and one can't absorb before the next line is said. Maybe a studio audience would have made it better, they'd have had to pause then until the audience stopped laughing.

Quote: David Bussell @ September 8 2010, 1:38 PM BST

It's fair to say that even some of the best shows can take a while to bed in. The American Office and Parks and Recreation took a whole season to warm up. Seinfeld took about three. It's frustrating for a newbie writer being told their spec pilot has to read like a work of unalloyed genius but that's the way it goes.

Yet it's suprising how many great shows are great from episode one. Peep Show. Father Ted. 30 Rock. Fawlty Towers... And film makers, playwrites and novelists only have one chance to succeed.