Comedy Records Page 28

Members of this forum might be interested in the Barry Cryer records, there's a new scrap book published just looking through it, he was hilarious! Wrote some great comedy records https://www.facebook.com/Barrycryercomedianscrapbook

Not a comedy record, but of interest anyway. I picked up this LP from a charity shop this weekend for a quid. Turns out it features Dudley Moore on piano and is actually quite rare and sought after. Well, worth a tenner, at least.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn53/Lord_Brett/John-Dankworth-Dankworth-And-The-467269_zps3fdb65cd.jpg

(Edit - darned is I can get the picture from Photobucket to come up, so the above is a direct link. It's Johnny Dankworth and the London Philharmonic from 1962)

Thanks Oldrocker. What was I doing wrong? I thought I just had to paste in the image code from Photobucket.

[ image ]You need to encase them in them thar fancy image tags[ /image ] though without the spaces in the tags.

Dudley Moore recorded quite a few really good jazz albums over the years, often with his Trio. And if you ever see an original copy of the Bedazzled soundtrack then it can be worth a small fortune in decent condition.

Dudley Moore - The World of Dudley Moore

Dudley Moore - The World of Dudley Moore Vol 2

Dudley Moore Trio - Genuine Dud

Dudley Moore - The Music of Dudley Moore

Dudley Moore Trio - The Other Side of Dudley Moore

Dudley Moore Trio - From Beyond The Fringe

Quote: Ian Fryer @ August 14 2013, 9:56 PM BST

Thanks Oldrocker. What was I doing wrong? I thought I just had to paste in the image code from Photobucket.

There you go . .

https://www.comedy.co.uk/info/help/bb_codes/

Back in the day when Steve hung around with his hilarious afternoon posse in what became the radio accompaniment to my coach ride back from school every afternoon for five years, Steve Wright and the Gay Cavalieros - The Story So Far:

I now own two different copies of this single, testament to Stu's dedicated and increasingly desperate efforts to push it up the charts, Stu Francis - Ooh I Could Crush a Grape:

Paddy Roberts - Ballad of Bethnal Green:

Harry H and The Kids - An Old Fashioned Christmas:

Victor Borge - Phonetic Punctuation:

Tony Ferrino - Help Yourself:

Lastly a freebie flexi disc from Bulmers. Bob lines up a gag as your straight man on the record and using the accompanying booklet you deliver the killer punchline. And bingo! You're a comedian. Bob Monkhouse - Do-It-Yourself Comedians Kit:

Really love the record covers. Also, memories there of Victor Borge.

Extraordinary to think that Steve Wright is pretty much where he was 30 years ago. His show can make me feel like I am still a student.

And on another point, I'm wondering if the Bob Monkhouse record is actually quite useful.

Quote: Agnes Guano @ August 20 2013, 10:29 PM BST

Lastly a freebie flexi disc from Bulmers. Bob lines up a gag as your straight man on the record and using the accompanying booklet you deliver the killer punchline. And bingo! You're a comedian. Bob Monkhouse - Do-It-Yourself Comedians Kit:

That is truly amazing. Brilliant. :D

I've a bit of a vinyl backlog to post up. Various odds and ends from various odd ends of the country...

Peter Dean - Can't Get a Ticket (For the World Cup):

Peter Brewis, Bob Goody and Mel Smith - The Gambler:

Russ Abbot - A Day in the Life of Vince Prince:

Pam Ayres - Will Anybody Marry Me?:

Grumbleweeds - In A Teknikolor Dreem:

Russ Abbot - Songs of Joy:

Roy Hudd - This Is My Bag!:

Peter Jones, Miriam Karlin, Reg Varney, Esma Cannon and Sheila Hancock - The Rag Trade:

Wurzels and Tony Blackburn - I Am a Cider Drinker 2007:

Eric Idle featuring Richard Wilson - One Foot in the Grave:

Billy Connolly - I Couldn't Spell ***!:

Ted Rogers - Beware of Mr Shark:

Ken Goodwin - Settle Down:

Jack Douglas - Swanee River:

Lenny Windsor - Really Average:

Bernard Wrigley - The Phenomenal B Wrigley:

Fred Wedlock and Chris Newman - The Oldest Swinger in Town:

Paddy Roberts - The Best of Paddy Roberts:

Mike Harding - Captain Paralytic and the Brown Ale Cowboy:

Michael Bentine - The Best of Bentine:

Tom O'Connor - Ace of Clubs:

Brilliant. It makes me laugh just looking at the covers. First prize to Ted Rogers.

Have you got Billy Howard's "King of the Cops"?

Quote: Agnes Guano @ August 20 2013, 10:29 PM BST

Back in the day when Steve hung around with his hilarious afternoon posse in what became the radio accompaniment to my coach ride back from school every afternoon for five years, Steve Wright and the Gay Cavalieros - The Story So Far:

i have just found this in my record collection just the other day

The things you find! We should practice Bob's punchlines and have a Monkhouse stand off.

Rat Rapping-Roland Rat

This Is Reg Varney live on the 88's abbey road

The Stonk-Hale & Pace and Victora Wood-The Smile Song

Morecombe & Wise At home

Derek & Clive Live Explicit