Comedy Records Page 31

The man who would be Agnes isn't on Pointless, by any chance? References to Ken Dodd and Mrs Mills records. Oh, and charity shops...

Got through, didn't win.

That was Gavin, a friend of mine who presents a show on a local radio station in Manchester. If you want to hear what I sound like, we sort of muddle through an approximation of a radio show together over on Mixcloud: http://www.mixcloud.com/CharityShopClassics/charity-shop-classics-show-62/

Reg Varney on there.

Half A Sixpence-Barbara Windsor & Marty Wilde

Is'nt It Good-Sally James

Funny Game Politics-Roy Kinnear & Kenneth Cope & Lance Percival

I own two comedy records and they are...

and

The first was better than the second. Far more natural even if at times he does sound like he's in the toilet. The second however benefited from having a brilliant cover.

Till Death Us Do Part LP

Thunderbirds Are Go 54321 LP

Kenny Ball Soap LP

Billy Connolly LP

Many of these records appear to have been taken from my Flickr site! Oh well if you can do it, then I'm damn sure I can. Here's my gatherings from July and August.

Peter Ustinov - The Many Voices of Peter Ustinov:

Peter Sellers and Irene Handl - Songs for Swinging Sellers (No 4):

Scrumpy and Western singles from Farmer Shag Connors and the Carrot Crunchers - The cleanest little piggy in the market:

Farmer Shag Connors and the Carrot Crunchers - I'm Jealous of the Farmyard Cockerel:

Roland Rat Superstar - Love Me Tender:

Max Miller - Max at the Met:

From Glaswegian travels, Hector Nicol - Laffin Room Only:

Hector Nicol - Hobo Sexual?

Great unconvincing drag acts of our time, Ken Goodwin - Make Someone Happy:

Benny Hill - Benny at the BBC:

Not comedy, but it makes me laugh/shudder - Barbara Cartland - Album of Love Songs:

Sandy Powell - Can You Hear Me Mother? The Best of Sandy Powell:

Pete Atkin with an album of contemporary musical pastiches written by Clive James - Live Libel:

James Young - The Young Ulsterman:

Willy Ruston - This Christmas:

Jake Thackray - The Last Will and Testament of Jake Thackray:

Bad News - Cashing in on Christmas:

And finally, proving that new comedy records are still occasionally made, Monty Python with a new b side and a new 12inch version of Always Look on the Bright Side of Life:

Love Jake Thackray!

Another Jake album I have been after for a while, it's not rare, I'm just a bit lazy, Jake Thackray - On Again! On Again!:

Now a Baroness, here she is back when she was a children's entertainer and reggae star, Floella Benjamin - Reggae Rita:

Salford born comedian Al Read - Such is Life:

Another one I have been meaning to get for a while, Vivian Stanshall - Sir Henry At Rawlinson End:

A nice little compilation of early British rock that features the first appearance of Jim Dale on an album, Various - Six-Five Special!:

Snaffled while wandering around the hipsters paradise that is Afflecks in Manchester, Chas and Dave - Rabbit:

A lovely little TV comedy tie-in, Marvin the Paranoid Android - The Double B-Side:

Early 70s single from Monty Python's Flying Circus - Lumberjack:

From when Radio 1 used to do comedy snippets Various - Comedy from Fun At One

3-2-1! It's Ted Rogers - Dusty Bin:

Further scrumpy and western exploits with the son of Shag, Mike Connor and the Carrot Crunchers - Back in the Cotswolds:

The last vinyl LP from the Barron Knights, with free casual racism, Barron Knights - Don't Let the Germans Pinch Your Sunbeds!:

Spike Milligan - Badjelly the Witch and Other Goodies:

I haven't posted for a while but here are recent finds.

A 1974 release from the veteran comedian Tommy Trinder - You Lucky People:

My efforts to complete my set of his records Billy Connolly - On Tour With The Big Yin!:

Billy Connolly - Billy Connolly:

Sheila Hancock with Sydney Carter - Putting Out The Dustbin:

Obscure comedy record by an obscure comedian Roy Jay - Vehicle:

Apparently there are still Maxy Boyce records I don't own Max Boyce - Not That I Am Biased:

Max Boyce - The Road and The Miles:

Some Australian comedy Kevin Bloody Wilson - Kev's Back (The Return of the Yobbo):

Doing his bit for race relations Jim Davidson - The Devil Went Down To Brixton:

Creator of some wonderful tunes Roy Hudd Presents Leslie Sarony:

Some American finds Bill Cosby - The Best Of:

Redd Foxx - At His Best:

From the home of darts Charlie Daze - Live At The Lakeside Country Club:

Kevin Keegan Head over heels in love.

Sooty & Sweep

An Evening with Les Dawson

Quote: george roper @ 2nd February 2015, 8:35 PM GMT

Kevin Keegan Head over heels in love.

Sick

Dear God! It's like being imprisoned in a provincial Oxfam shop. All that's lacking are the Top of the Pops records.

That Sooty record isn't really comedy and neither is Keegan's. Which is why I didn't post them from my Flickr feed - which is where those images were taken from! Kevin Keegan was deadly serious about his musical career, if he'd been into comedy he could have been up there with Russ Abbot by now.

Quote: Agnes Guano @ 10th February 2015, 3:26 PM GMT

That Sooty record isn't really comedy...

Has he got it out again?