I've just seen... Page 400

Started watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes, but had to tap out after 45 minutes as it was slow going. It's a shame as I really liked the first one, but this couldn't hold my attention.

You're kidding, this is one of the best films ever Ben, tap yourself back in I say!

Paddington. Loved it and pleased I wasn't the only grown up there by themselves. Annoyed at the couple who thought it appropriate to take their two year old.

Finally got round to watching Django Unchained.

I have to say I was disappointed. The story and characters were just not up to the high standard set in Pulp Fiction.

In saying that at least it wasn't full of unnecessary CGI, long drawn out battle scenes and dreary dialogue like a lot of recent films (including Noah which my wife had on last night - what a pile of shit. If you have a choice of watching it or not, choose not).

Quote: Will Cam @ 29th December 2014, 12:04 AM GMT

Finally got round to watching Django Unchained.

I have to say I was disappointed. The story and characters were just not up to the high standard set in Pulp Fiction...

...and a bloody hip hop song appears on the soundtrack! That alone ruined this movie for me.

I still haven't seen Django. But Tarantino's unexpected soundtrack songs are usually quite fun.

I thought Django was an amazing film. It may even have topped Inglourious Basterds for me.

I'm looking forward to Birdman with Michael Keaton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJfLoE6hanc

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Not reliant on special effects. No fast editing. No monotonous battle scenes.

Great story. Brilliant beautifully drawn characters. Engrossing quirky comedy.

Currently on Sky, would highly reccomend.

Paddington - Delightful and funny, Peter Capaldi being particularly good but the little Peruvian one stole the show - and my heart!

Quote: Ben @ 29th December 2014, 8:48 PM GMT

I thought Django was an amazing film. It may even have topped Inglourious Basterds for me.

I'm looking forward to Birdman with Michael Keaton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJfLoE6hanc

Inglorious was terrible

the start of the second Apes movie was good the rest was kinda dull

Quote: Will Cam @ 4th January 2015, 10:33 AM GMT

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Not reliant on special effects. No fast editing. No monotonous battle scenes.

Great story. Brilliant beautifully drawn characters. Engrossing quirky comedy.

Currently on Sky, would highly reccomend.

I enjoyed this too but did find it a bit long.

Quote: sootyj @ 4th January 2015, 5:29 PM GMT

the start of the second Apes movie was good the rest was kinda dull

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....!

I went to see Birdman the other day and it's a great film. Keaton is superb in it.

Ed Norton's really good too, but his character just seems to drop out of it towards the end.

Quote: reds @ 14th December 2014, 10:51 AM GMT

Annoyed at the couple who thought it appropriate to take their two year old.

I know, fancy taking a kid to a kids film, what a liberty!

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 4th January 2015, 6:19 PM GMT

I know, fancy taking a kid to a kids film, what a liberty!

Yeh and if you take your 1970s DJ friend to a creche, you're the one who gets arrested.

It's one rule for kids and quite another for adults.

I'd just like to add my support for Django. I really, really enjoyed it and look forward to watching it again sometime.

I "made" my girlfriend watch Jurassic Park and whilst she enjoyed it, I don't really think she got it. Maybe she can't appreciate what it was like being an 8 year old boy in 1993 when it came out in the cinema and a fantasy of seeing dinosaurs realised right in front of your eyes being played out on a big screen with roaring surround sound? Anyway, I can't stress enough how awesome that moment was. Thanks Spielberg, you dream weaving bastard!