I've just seen... Page 402

Quote: zooo @ 5th January 2015, 3:06 PM GMT

Surely everyone sees Jurassic Park as a kid, even if they weren't born when it came out?

WHAT HAS SHE BEEN DOING WITH HER LIFE.

I haven't.

:O

Rectify this immediately!

I saw all three in the cinema.

I don't know if I liked the look of the new trailer. There didn't seem to be much fun in it. The first three all had a nice vein of humour running through them.

The talking dinosaur in the dream in 3 was shit though.

I've just seen......and spoken to a couple of North American Mormons on my doorstep. They now know more about the 19th Century American Shaker movement, the song "Simple Gifts" that emanated from that movement, the Presidential inauguration ceremonies in which it was used, that Judy Collins and Alison Krauss have both recorded it and that the Shaker composer Joseph Brackett was an "Elder" like them. Some considerable time into the conversation, they realised that they already knew more about these matters than they thought they did and recommended me this clip from YT. It appears to be the Mormon version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzF_y039slk :)

Quote: zooo @ 5th January 2015, 3:06 PM GMT

Surely everyone sees Jurassic Park as a kid, even if they weren't born when it came out?

WHAT HAS SHE BEEN DOING WITH HER LIFE.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 13th January 2015, 9:48 PM GMT

I haven't.

Star Wars? There's a prog. right up your street.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th January 2015, 4:59 PM GMT

Star Wars? There's a prog. right up your street.

Watched the first one thought it was shit and haven't seen any since.

And I've only seen Dr No of the James Bond films. Thought it was shit (apart from Ursula!) and not seen one since.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 16th January 2015, 12:18 AM GMT

Watched the first one thought it was shit and haven't seen any since.

And I've only seen Dr No of the James Bond films. Thought it was shit (apart from Ursula!) and not seen one since.

Don't like shit films then........... :D

I'm about to watch Frank.

Doing what?

Quote: Ben @ 16th January 2015, 10:47 PM GMT

I'm about to watch Frank.

What did you see during the day, Ben?

I read your post yesterday.

No obligation to answer - but I'd be interested to know.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 16th January 2015, 10:55 PM GMT

What did you see during the day, Ben?

I read your post yesterday.

No obligation to answer - but I'd be interested to know.

Oh, what I watched at the BFI? They'll all be filtering onto my blog over the next couple of weeks, so keep your eyes peeled. I don't like to announce them in advance.

Anyway, Frank was a pretty decent film with a great performance from Fassbender.

I wasn't quite as enamoured with it in the same way as the critics, though, as I felt the ending rather fizzled out.

Still, a solid 7.5/10 from me.

This evening I watched Cloud Atlas. Wut?

Red Tails. Terrible, but looks fantastic; and yet somehow the painstakingly authentic looking historical recreations look utterly fake.

Quote: Ben @ 18th January 2015, 9:37 PM GMT

Oh, what I watched at the BFI? They'll all be filtering onto my blog over the next couple of weeks, so keep your eyes peeled. I don't like to announce them in advance.

Anyway, Frank was a pretty decent film with a great performance from Fassbender.

I wasn't quite as enamoured with it in the same way as the critics, though, as I felt the ending rather fizzled out.

Still, a solid 7.5/10 from me.

I will keep my eyes peeled.

Haven't quite got the idea of BFI fully and I should do as it would probably be of interest. I used to like the Museum of the Moving Image (MOMI) at Waterloo and also the ICI in The Mall but only for occasional gigs.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 19th January 2015, 9:58 PM GMT

I will keep my eyes peeled.

Haven't quite got the idea of BFI fully and I should do as it would probably be of interest. I used to like the Museum of the Moving Image (MOMI) at Waterloo and also the ICI in The Mall but only for occasional gigs.

The BFI Archive is just an institute off Tottenham Court Road where you can book in to view archive material. They order it up from various affiliated archives like the BBC, ITV or their own holdings.

The BFI over at Southbank is a whole different affair.