I've just seen... Page 380

You shouldn't finish it. And send the tape back to the video rental shop un-rewound as a protest... ;)

If youre looking for a good slightly ignored film

try Cloud Atlas, how good was it.

Good enough to make me read a 1000 page novel afterwards and I'm pretty much illiterate.

Quote: zooo @ 10th November 2013, 9:44 PM GMT

You shouldn't finish it. And send the tape back to the video rental shop un-rewound as a protest... ;)

snfff I miss video shops, watching 3 shitty films with your mates and an enormous bag of pop corn, and a big bottle of coke, and the cookies....

Bekind Rewind was awesome.

I went to see Don Jon earlier and it was... ok. The main problem is that I don't think Joseph Gordon-Levitt is that strong a writer. Yet. It's a neatly executed plot, but the characters feel a little two dimensional and the plot feels a little clunky at times. Worth a watch, but not one I'll rewatch.

Quote: zooo @ 10th November 2013, 8:00 PM GMT

That sounds like the sort of DVD you find in Poundland.

Cex.

Nixon/Frost. Strangely enough Frost doesn't come out of it that well. Shallow and ill informed to say the least!

Quote: roscoff @ 20th November 2013, 10:50 PM GMT

Nixon/Frost. Strangely enough Frost doesn't come out of it that well. Shallow and ill informed to say the least!

Is that the version where Nixon asks Frost a series of questions about spying on celebrities by sending weirdly accented men to snoop around?

bad formula they should have had Simon Pegg

Quote: Harridan @ 20th November 2013, 10:54 PM GMT

Is that the version where Nixon asks Frost a series of questions about spying on celebrities by sending weirdly accented men to snoop around?

You've seen it then.

Quote: sootyj @ 20th November 2013, 10:55 PM GMT

bad formula they should have had Simon Pegg

Simon Pegg would have made a useless Nixon.

I watched Behind the Candelabra last night. I found the first two thirds of the film entertaining, but the final third was a little predictable. Michael Douglas' performance is magnificent, but Matt Damon's acting felt a little average to me. I'd recommend the film and give it a 7.

Micheal Douglas is fab in that, especially the voice.

But the whole was a little underwhelming, like what were you expecting.

Quote: Ben @ 23rd November 2013, 4:20 PM GMT

I watched Behind the Candelabra last night.

Must see that.

I watched The Departed last night, terrific film.

Did anyone go and see Filth when it was out? I've heard some excellent reviews and some mediocre ones. Interested in viewing it on DVD when it's out.

The Desolation of Smaug. A long film which went very quickly... but was shot in a really strange way.

Toy Story 3

I cried.

It's emotional, but I think using pretty much Holocaust iconography in a Kid's animated movie. May well be the definition of emotional manipulation.