Monty Python: Almost the Truth (The Lawyers Cut)

New doc. I saw the poster for it in the movie theatre and it said 1 night only. At the end of the preview it says you can see it on DVD.
Just thought I'd throw this out.

The Pythons are very good at producing new sets of reminiscences, interviews and making-of documentaries (and the occasional new sketch) every few years and putting them alongside old material on DVD. I'll be getting this new 3-disc thing.

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/26/55/-/11072687/Monty-Python-Almost-The-Truth-The-Lawyar-Cut/Product.html]
[h=68721]

It is being broadcast on BBC Two at 9.15pm next Saturday. BBC Two are holding a special Monty Python night to celebrate the show's Ruby Anniversary. Also being broadcast are And Now For Something Completely Different and an episode of Movie Connections about Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Quote: Curt @ September 21 2009, 3:29 AM BST

New doc. I saw the poster for it in the movie theatre and it said 1 night only. At the end of the preview it says you can see it on DVD.
Just thought I'd throw this out.

That's good. I've got all the series but I will be out of the country when it is on, unless it gets repeated on BBC Four.

It's was on BBC2 last night and was a sucession of oft repeated anecdotes that everyone has heard before.

Quote: youngian @ October 4 2009, 12:32 PM BST

It's was on BBC2 last night and was a sucession of oft repeated anecdotes that everyone has heard before.

Yep. Pretty much.

Was still quite good though.

Flogging a dead parrot.

As everyone has said, nothing we haven't heard before.

I think I prefer the reunion show they did in Aspen in the 90s.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 4 2009, 12:47 PM BST

Flogging a dead parrot.

:D

Watched it last night. It was decent enough. It was never likely that there would be many new stories after 40 years. Classic TV show though.

Watching the documentary now on BBC2.

Why do Cleese and Idle have those stupid transatlantic accents. I bet Cleese wishes he never went there now.

Well, Eric Idle has lived in LA for many, many years now. Can't say I notice it with Cleese particularly. He's got less of an accentuated upper middle-class accent than when he was younger, but I wouldn't say it's particularly transatlantic.