Are we still a democracy or a corptocracy? Page 4

Colposcopy? Copratocracy?

Copraphillia?

In that, we all have to eat shit and like it.

I think we should once-and-for-all track down this 'Man' that ruins everything (apparently). I'm fed-up of everyone talking about "sticking it to 'The Man'". Let's just kill him if he's such a nasty...

Coprophagiocracy. The public demands more crap on commercial TV and gets it.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 18 2009, 1:12 PM BST

I think we should once-and-for-all track down this 'Man' that ruins everything (apparently). I'm fed-up of everyone talking about "sticking it to 'The Man'". Let's just kill him if he's such a nasty...

And 'Big Brother' too.

And can we do something about 'They'? 'They' is always saying stuff and it gets on my nerves.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 18 2009, 12:55 PM BST

Everyone is fed up with the way things are done in this country - the goverment is incompetent, the corporations and banks are greedy and incompetent, the legal system is corrupt and incompetent - this has got to change or there will be a revolution.

This.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 18 2009, 12:55 PM BST

Though I think we'll see more Union Jacks then Che Guevara images if it does happen.

You say that as if it's a bad thing.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 18 2009, 1:14 PM BST

And 'Big Brother' too.

And can we do something about 'They'? 'They' is always saying stuff and it gets on my nerves.

And why's everyone always banging on about 'The System' keeping us down? At least Derren Brown explained how that trick worked.

As for democracy, we've barely resembled one for quite a while now. Ruled by unelected, breathtakingly corrupt imbeciles in Brussels whose ethics, decency, morality and honesty make the financial sector positively angelic in comparison.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 18 2009, 1:12 PM BST

I had 5 pages of a comic called 'The Man' done and I was excited to finish the comic until I went to the comic book store and actually saw a comic called 'The Man'. Someone had beat me too it and the character even looked like mine.
Although my character 'The Man' had the power of intimidation, had Gary Coleman as his side kick and drove around in what looked suspiciously like an A-Team van.

Villain after his defeat: "What kind of man are you?!"
The Man "I'm not just any man......I'm the Man"

:D

Well an awful lot of the duff choices are being made in Westminster. And some of the time it's Brussells who saves us from our own poorly elected idiots.

Quote: Curt @ September 18 2009, 1:25 PM BST

I had 5 pages of a comic called 'The Man' done and I was excited to finish the comic until I went to the comic book store and actually saw a comic called 'The Man'. Someone had beat me too it and the character even looked like mine.
Although my character 'The Man' had the power of intimidation, had Gary Coleman as his side kick and drove around in what looked suspiciously like an A-Team van.

Villain after his defeat: "What kind of man are you?!"
The Man "I'm not just any man......I'm the Man"

Excelent.

I hope the Man isn't short for the Managment.

I'd hate to think of Hale and Pace ruling the universe.

And sometimes corporations have the right answer where the Government is totally f**king clueless - but that's not the point of this thread, is it?

Generally, I think I'd rather have accountable politicians f**king up than unaccountable drones making a couple of good decisions whilst wasting billions in taxes on their peurile continental whims.

(I do like the idea of the Rons in charge though. That would make for a most humourous Parliament.)

Yes but corporations exist purely and souly to make profit.

Any good they do is by accident. Like a wolf eating your cat then crapping on your ose bush.

So? Money is good. By the careerist arguments you often make, 99% of politicians are there purely and souly to make money and impose their will, and any good THEY do is by accident.

Quote: Aaron @ September 18 2009, 1:39 PM BST

So? Money is good. By the careerist arguments you often make, 99% of politicians are there purely and souly to make money and impose their will, and any good THEY do is by accident.

Unfortunately that's been my experience meeting or working with them.