Do you GROW? Page 45

Got out in the garden sunshine yesterday, and saw several flowers in bloom; crocuses, primroses, everlasting wallflowers, a single daff, and snowdrops. Other people with south-facing plots have had irises and things out for a while already (the bastards!). Spring can't be far away.
Started doing stuff in earnest, like dumping lots of rotted horse manure on beds, planting up primroses, re-potting lilies and aliums, pruning apple trees, clearing weed from the pond, clearing accumulated dead wood and rubbish, turning the compost pile etc...still got to put a bunch of clematises in, more pruning, building a work station, trimming all the hedges...and then got the allotment to start on. And the real work hasn't started yet.

If we get time, there might be a moment to sit down and appreciate what's already there.

Will Cam is now the proud tenant of an allotment he is sharing with his brother-in-law and family! 41 foot x 57 foot. Spent all morning raking and removing stones. Off in the morning to buy a shed and fencing.

Ooooh, fun. Is that quite massive, or am I being crap with measurements?
I keep meaning to get/plant some carrots.

Quote: zooo @ May 6 2013, 6:10 PM BST

It is 2.337 sq foot or 260 sq yards

I reckon about 15 new born kittens per sq foot so that would be space for about 35,055 new born kittens. (kittens are a lot easier to move with a pitchfork than mud and stones).

Quote: zooo @ May 6 2013, 6:10 PM BST

Carrots can be difficult... easier to just buy them and grow something else.

Nooo, I always grow carrots! Sometimes they do go wrong and make amusing shapes, but that's all part of the fun.

Quote: Will Cam @ May 6 2013, 9:38 PM BST

I reckon about 15 new born kittens per sq foot so that would be space for about 35,055 new born kittens.

Lovey

*ignores last sentence*

I planted a butternut squash seed just for lulz and it's now a small plant. I don't have my own garden anymore, so I', just going to grow and love this one plant.

Tomato, Carrot & Onion seedlings popping up, a few pea plants are getting going, but I wonder whether they'll get the time to reach fruition or vegatablition for that matter.

I bought a couple of Tomato plants already growing so at least we'd get something in the end.
Not the best year so far.

Some of last years flowers are coming back so that's nice.
Poppies are always good survivors.

I was always thinking of maybe skipping this year to refurb the veg plot.
This hopeless cold start has made my mind up for me.
I'm gong to clear a couple of beds for some plug plant salads and I'll stick some Toms in the greenhouse, but that'll be that.

The flower garden is barmy - I reckon everything is going to come out at once - we're at least 3 weeks behind out here.

Allotment taking shape this year, pleased with progress :)

Plenty growing, albeit slowly.

Quote: Lee @ May 6 2013, 11:01 PM BST

I planted a butternut squash seed just for lulz and it's now a small plant. I don't have my own garden anymore, so I', just going to grow and love this one plant.

:D

These plants are big buggers Lee, good luck!

Thanks but my Dad didn't know what it was and just chucked it away :(

Quote: Lee @ June 14 2013, 9:05 PM BST

Thanks but my Dad didn't know what it was and just chucked it away :(

Teary

Will Cam is inside his brand new shed on his allotment and is as happy as a pig in shit.

It has Wi-Fi?!

....there's like these things called cell phones, that haven't got wires and they have a screen that lets you use that Internet thing......amazing....whatever next.