Do you GROW? Page 40

Quote: TopBanana @ April 17 2012, 2:28 PM BST

It's still very early. You have until the end of May to sow for flowers this year - and well into September for food shizz.

It is early, yes, and my squash seedlings don't look happy, even though they are inside. Perhaps we planted them too early, and they still get cold near a window? But last year, they didn't get enough time to produce decent sized fruit, so we need to start them as early as possible.

True - but commercially they sow 'kins in mid-April, believe it or not.

Really? Well no wonder we're not having any luck with the seedling, if even the pros don't sow this early.

Yay! Just popped out in the rain to check in me wee green house and the Viola's have just started to emerge

:)

Well pleased as I collected the seeds from last years potted flowers.

My sweet peas have just emerged from their pot. Grow my pretties grow!

;) I've bought a Kids tomato plant kit- they are growing nicely on windowledge but now they are 1" high do I prick out into little individual pots?

My salad leaves are in the planter, alas no apple blossom :( so no pipkins this year.

It's a bit late for your tomatoes, if they're only 1" now, they won't have time to grow enough, and you probably won't get any fruit. Garden centres are selling plants though, so you could sneak out and buy a couple of those.

You'll get fruit, but it just won't be big or ripen before last frosts :(

:) OH well.. plenty of ideas!

But keep it!

Just bring the plant into the house in late September. Stick it in the porch!

I'm muching on some peas, picked fresh from the garden. Delicious!

A couple of the tomato plants are looking healthy, but no flowers on anything yet. Will Summer ever come?

Decided not to bother growing Tomato's this year, because I knew it was going to piss down every other day for 3 months.The reason being a Hose Pipe ban in some parts of the Country. We were alright though, plenty of the stuff, enough to wash the Cars, water the Garden,Power wash the Decking and Patio.Even enough to sell.

Got a Peony, not in full flower yet.

This year we've got strawberries, courgettes, carrots, cauliflower, tomatoes, chillies, basil and salad leaves on the go. We also have three apple trees and a plum tree. So many preserves this year's! Eeehhh!

Quote: AngieBaby @ June 23 2012, 10:56 PM BST

I'm muching on some peas, picked fresh from the garden. Delicious!

A couple of the tomato plants are looking healthy, but no flowers on anything yet. Will Summer ever come?

Feed the beggars with some high potash tomato feed and you'll get shitloads of flowers.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 24 2012, 11:33 AM BST

This year we've got strawberries, courgettes, carrots, cauliflower, tomatoes, chillies, basil and salad leaves on the go. We also have three apple trees and a plum tree. So many preserves this year's! Eeehhh!

I saw these. You're growing the shit out of those bastards!

Have been lucky this year- my grandad had a lot of spare seedlings. And pur garden has an abundance of wild strawberries. OM NOM NOM. Stupid brambles are taking over the garden though. I love brambles, but they're making the paths unusable!