Toys and Games you used to have. Page 14

Some toys I remember having (circa 1969-1972):

Hot Wheels Sizzlers "Revvin' Heaven": a rechargeable car that ran on a slot-less plastic track.

"Strange Change Time Machine" by Mattel: Plastic figures were heated up until softened and then crushed into a square, flat block. You could reverse the process and put the block back into the heater and watch it transform back into the original figure.

Schwinn Sting-Ray: My first bicycle.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th November 2022, 5:43 PM

I went on that bus frequently. Well not that one. The life size one. Where was Triang? Near Sun Hill?

The Triang factory was alongside the old railway line that ran from Wimbledon to West Croydon, which is now a tram route. Between Merton Park & Morden Road stations. It was opposite my old (Pelham) school playing fields. (My previous infant/junior school (Dundonald), in the unlikely event of your being interested, is now also a stop on that same tram route).

https://www.brightontoymuseum.co.uk/index/Category:Tri-ang

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th November 2022, 6:59 PM

The Triang factory was alongside the old railway line that ran from Wimbledon to West Croydon, which is now a tram route. Between Merton Park & Morden Road stations. It was opposite my old (Pelham) school playing fields. (My previous infant/junior school (Dundonald), in the unlikely event of your being interested, is now also a stop on that same tram route).

https://www.brightontoymuseum.co.uk/index/Category:Tri-ang

Oh right. Sun Hill police station was on the other side of the road.

When I was a kid - if it wasn't Star Wars I wasn't interested

That was the only toys me n my mates wanted

Star Wars was literally our world

I always liked my Britain's models, especially the soldiers and the zoo and farm animals.

Yes, I remember some of the farm animals I had, and have now managed to replace most of them with a box full I bought on eBay recently - hope to sort and display some of them one day......................

6d (six pence) = 2½p

That coco krispies packet is unbelievably racist

Quote: lofthouse @ 20th November 2022, 11:20 AM

That coco krispies packet is unbelievably racist

Why is it racist? Because it shows a person "of colour"?

Wasn't being serious

What about Pufta Pufta rice? Even worse.

Quote: lofthouse @ 20th November 2022, 8:33 PM

Wasn't being serious

Not serious? On a comedy web site????

Quote: Chappers @ 20th November 2022, 10:44 PM

Not serious? On a comedy web site????

He'll get into trouble for that. Horseradish did:

Quote: Aaron @ 14th July 2022, 7:14 PM

Horseradish, please stop. Others in this thread are clearly trying to have a serious discussion