Toys and Games you used to have. Page 13

Choppers were soooo cool.

I don't remember Mexican beans as being 'real live' creatures, weren't they just ball-bearings in a pill capsule?

Or did my brothers and I replace my mother's HRT pills with steel balls? (or is that what HRT did to her?)

Quote: AngieBaby @ October 23 2010, 12:00 AM BST

Choppers were soooo cool.

I don't remember Mexican beans as being 'real live' creatures, weren't they just ball-bearings in a pill capsule?

Or did my brothers and I replace my mother's HRT pills with steel balls? (or is that what HRT did to her?)

They were like eggs or something. But I remember having plastic ones that had magnets or something in them.

I always wanted Girl's World -

I would have been able to perfect my aim and avoid disappointing ladies in the early days.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 23 2010, 1:13 AM BST

I would have been able to perfect my aim and avoid disappointing ladies in the early days.

:D

I nagged and nagged my folks for a Girls World, must have been Christmas 1977? Got bored of it after about 10 minutes and took a pair of scissors to it and gave it a Mohican.

Old Thread Revival Department - here again, 12 years later.................?

1969............. Now highly collectable IF you have any of them MIB

Had the crane & truck ones.
Sadly mine are both CIB (Chucked in Bin)

?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th November 2022, 9:44 AM

1969............. Now highly collectable IF you have any of them MIB

I remember that well. I never got it although I would've loved to have.

1969.................. (8/11 = 8shillings and eleven pence = c. 95p), but I notice that it is not an original diecast model, being made of polystyrene

**EDIT

I wondered how many of them survived, and to my surprise a number have been sold on eBay for around £20 - even a copy of this advert sold for £4 + £2 postage!!
A Dinky original is worth about £45

1969................ One sold last week on EB complete with box and in very good condition for £21 + post

I saved up for (what seemed like) ages to buy this Triang bus as a child. It had particular significance because the 93 bus was a local one, as indeed were the manufacturers Triang. It was 2 feet long, 1 foot high and 7 inches wide. Made of tin plate. Unlike this one it was of course in pristine condition, bright red. It cost a few pounds and, unfortunately, by the time I'd saved up and bought it, I was beginning to get too old for it. But still a memorable childhood acquisition. Like so many things that I once had, I don't know what became of it.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th November 2022, 8:40 AM

1969................ One sold last week on EB complete with box and in very good condition for £21 + post

That's not really a stupid price. I think it's quite reasonable really.

I'm off to eBay.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th November 2022, 10:16 AM

I saved up for (what seemed like) ages to buy this Triang bus as a child. It had particular significance because the 93 bus was a local one, as indeed were the manufacturers Triang. It was 2 feet long, 1 foot high and 7 inches wide. Made of tin plate. Unlike this one it was of course in pristine condition, bright red. It cost a few pounds and, unfortunately, by the time I'd saved up and bought it, I was beginning to get too old for it. But still a memorable childhood acquisition. Like so many things that I once had, I don't know what became of it.

I went on that bus frequently. Well not that one. The life size one. Where was Triang? Near Sun Hill?