The Funny Side Of...

Just what TV needs, a TV programme about TV programmes. There's a veritable drought of those at the moment.
This was further handicapped by being a BBC programme almost entirely made up of clips from ITV. Desperately they added in Celebrity MasterChef and Strictly Come Dancing as BBC 'talent' shows.
Despite having 4 writers, the script was entirely forgettable, and Clive Anderson gave a very flat and uninspired performance. Maybe next week's Funny Side Of Politics will kindle more enthuiasm.

It was a bit weird. Usually they drag in a studio audience for these things to lift the presenter's links but poor Clive was left on his own. Unless there really was a studio audience and everything met stony silence.

I looked at the TV listings for stations 1-5 last night (Wednesday).

There was not what I would call one programme of entertainment or drama between them from 7-11 apart from 30 minutes of Taking The Flak and a 2 hour Midsommer Murders.

I believe this is a spin off of an earlier one off. It wasn't bad but an hour is a long time on a Thursday night, especially in the block of shows it's in. It feels like it would fit in better on either Friday or the weekend.

It didn't seem to get any publicity whatsoever. I just happened to spot it in my TV guide - and had it not been on straight after Mock The Week, and had I not been to lazy to change channel, there's not a chance in hell I would have watched.

This show bored me so much I switched it off after 10 minutes. Completely pointless.

Same here. I got about 5 minutes in before switching it off.

I had it on in the background, can't remember a thing about it though?

Bit of a cheek putting a clip show like that in a comedy slot that BBC2 spent so time and effort promoting for innovative shows and old favourites when it should have been on a wet bank holiday evening.

Hardly a replacement for Psychoville.
Deborah Stephenson does a good line in botoxed judge impressions though.

But tis August! This is the kind of show that is cobbled together for us scum to watch, whilst everyone in tee-vee land goes off to Edinburgh to take massive amounts of cocaine. I'd be surprised if the producers of this show actually make the effort to watch it themselves.

Thankfully this week, I paid my Chinese neighbour to come round and poke me in the ribs with a stick to keep me awake during this shitfest of a show.

It was all about the hilariousness of Politics, if you missed it, don't worry, you can simply re-create it by drinking a pint of Nytol and watching paint dry in a doctor's waiting room.

From a political stance it was interesting, but as far as comedy goes, it was numerous steps down from even last week's offering. Blimey.

Quote: Aaron @ August 13 2009, 10:59 PM BST

From a political stance it was interesting, but as far as comedy goes, it was numerous steps down from even last week's offering. Blimey.

As long as you took something interesting away from it, then good luck to you.

This is a very weak show, with a very weak format. Unlike C. Brooker who provides an Op Ed and some equally opinionated talking heads, this feels like every other clips package show that's been crapping over our telly screens for the last 10 years.

The lack of controversy is the show's most shocking aspect.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 13 2009, 11:12 PM BST

As long as you took something interesting away from it, then good luck to you.

This is a very weak show, with a very weak format. Unlike C. Brooker who provides an Op Ed and some equally opinionated talking heads, this feels like every other clips package show that's been crapping over our telly screens for the last 10 years.

The lack of controversy is the show's most shocking aspect.

I'm surprised they didn't take the opportunity to dump on Mark Oaten though.