Suggestions for new talent please... Page 2

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 24 2009, 3:05 PM BST

I thought it fairly brave of Paul that, on an episode of 'Fighting Talk' he was on where Danny Dyer was a guest, he quite openly admitted how much he fancied him.

I thought you said he had good taste in men. Danny Dyer is a shit brick.

Quote: David Bussell @ July 24 2009, 4:23 PM BST

Danny Dyer is a shit brick.

And you'd like to lay him.... Ouch!

Hello.
I came 4th on Mastermind in my heat , although my score of 25 was very respectable and would have won many of the heats.
I was godawful on the Weakest Link. Not a comedians special , but a normal heat in 2002.
It was Loose Ends where I flirted with Danny Dyer. It was deliberate as he had been acting quite the prick.
Yes I do know Dr. Tim Walker. We go back a very long way. I like the fact that he relentlessly plugs me on here to compensate for being unable to give me what I really need off him.
I have now done all my previews for Edinburgh and I feel confident that it won't be a waste of money for any of you to come and see it.

Of less well known acts going up , I would thoroughly recommend Daniel Rigby , Alun Cochrane , Carl Donnelly , Pippa Evans.

Paul xxx

Second Alun Cochrane -- he's very funny.

I think Pippa Evans is the lady who does all sort of very funny songs and you listen to her voice and think 'why is she not a 'professional' singer?' (not meant in an offensive way!)

And good luck, Paul. Hope Edinburgh goes well.

Dan

Quote: sinhaha @ July 29 2009, 2:36 AM BST

Yes I do know Dr. Tim Walker. We go back a very long way. I like the fact that he relentlessly plugs me on here to compensate for being unable to give me what I really need off him.

Hi Paul,

Should that be 'off' him or of him?

Quote: Marc P @ July 29 2009, 9:12 AM BST

Hi Paul,

Should that be 'off' him or of him?

I think this is a rare case where either option works.

Lee and I have worked with Pippa Evans and she's a consumate professional but, more to the point, a funny f**ker.

Hello.
I came 4th on Mastermind in my heat , although my score of 25 was very respectable and would have won many of the heats.
I was godawful on the Weakest Link. Not a comedians special , but a normal heat in 2002.
It was Loose Ends where I flirted with Danny Dyer. It was deliberate as he had been acting quite the prick.
I have now done all my previews for Edinburgh and I feel confident that it won't be a waste of money for any of you to come and see it.

Of less well known acts going up , I would thoroughly recommend Daniel Rigby , Alun Cochrane , Carl Donnelly , Pippa Evans.

Paul xxx

Hi there Paul.

Oops, my biographical rigour is worthy of a News Of The World journalist. In my defence, events prior to April 2009 are recalled in an occasionally misty fashion. BTW, may be popping up to see your show in August, which I confidently predict will be "a generous soupcon of hilarity" (you can use that for the preview posters if you like).

Tim x

Quote: David Bussell @ July 29 2009, 10:08 AM BST

Lee and I have worked with Pippa Evans and she's a consumate professional but, more to the point, a funny f**ker.

She speaks highly of you too David.

Quote: Marc P @ July 29 2009, 10:30 AM BST

She speaks highly of you too David.

I doubt she'd even remember me. Actually that's not entirely true as I accosted her in a pub a few weeks back (she was playing the proper comedy night upstairs while I was on stage doing a friendly open mic in the basement) and slurred "I bet you don't even remember me, do you?" at her.

Quote: David Bussell @ July 29 2009, 11:24 AM BST

I doubt she'd even remember me. Actually that's not entirely true as I accosted her in a pub a few weeks back (she was playing the proper comedy night upstairs while I was on stage doing a friendly open mic in the basement) and slurred "I bet you don't even remember me, do you?" at her.

Actually I was referring to the position of her middle finger in the pic above!

Laughing out loud

Quote: Marc P @ July 29 2009, 11:41 AM BST

Actually I was referring to the position of her middle finger in the pic above!

Laughing out loud

I really must pay more attention to your posts, Marc, before I bore anyone else with my interminable anecdotes.

Quote: David Bussell @ July 29 2009, 11:44 AM BST

I really must pay more attention to your posts, Marc, before I bore anyone else with my interminable anecdotes.

Laughing out loud

I'm guessing he looks better in the flesh than in his avatar pictures then. Unimpressed

Quote: chipolata @ July 29 2009, 12:47 PM BST

I'm guessing he looks better in the flesh than in his avatar pictures then. Unimpressed

It's not all about looks, Chip. Sometimes it's about how much money they have or how sexy their siblings are.