BCG Meet up 2009 Page 68

Quote: PhQnix @ September 16 2009, 6:41 PM BST

Quick question for anyone who knows this pub, am I likely to get chucked out for not having ID? Has happened a few times recently even though I've not been buying alcohol. >_<

Pretend you're my son and I'm taking you out for the evening and it should be fine. ;)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 16 2009, 6:46 PM BST

Pretend your my son and I'm taking you out for the evening and it should be fine. ;)

Done and done. Pleased

But can I change your name? I was always going to call a son, if I had one, Ignatius after my grandfather. How's that?

As in Nelson? Was Nelson an Ignatius?

Quote: PhQnix @ September 16 2009, 7:04 PM BST

No, he was Horatio. Ignatious as in Iggy. :)

Quick question for anyone who knows this pub, am I likely to get chucked out for not having ID? Has happened a few times recently even though I've not been buying alcohol. >_<

You could wear that beard that Tumble pasted onto Aaron.
:D

I expect you will be OK if the other BCGs there vouch that you are over 18.

I thought it was his middle name for some reason. But feel free to call me whatever you want. :D

Quote: PhQnix @ September 16 2009, 7:04 PM BST

:P Oh dear.

Quote: billwill @ September 16 2009, 7:07 PM BST

I expect you will be OK if the other BCGs there vouch that you are over 18.

Relying on this bunch? Oh dear. :P

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ September 16 2009, 7:08 PM BST

:P Oh dear.

I kneeew he was Horatio! I thought he was Horatio Ignatius Nelson. Sounds right in my head.

Do you not have any ID whatsover? Not even a passport?

I used to drink in the Old Crown a few years back when it was under different management and have been there a few times since.

From what I can remember, after a certain time, they put a bouncer on the door to stop big groups of drunken lads getting in. The downstairs bar is quite small and gets extremely packed and there are function rooms upstairs - which is where I imagine they'll put us BCG minded folk.

The pub stays open to quite late, with last orders usually around 2am and behind the pub are two terrible night clubs that cost a fortune to get into and the drinks are a million pounds each. Also there is a McDonalds within walking distance on Oxford Street open til 4am.

The drinks will be standard London prices, so expect to pay £3+ for a pint of lager.

The absolute fastest way to get there, is to take a tube to Tottenham Court Road and walk down New Oxford Street. You know you're going the right way when you see Centre Point on your right.

There are several bus stops nearby with plenty of night buses throughout the evening.

Um, that's it.

EDIT: Do not get 'Oxford Street' and 'New Oxford Street' mixed up or you will walk for miles. When you come out of Tottenham Court Road tube, look for a road with the Dominion Theartre on it's left and Centre Point (a big concrete skyscraper with a fountain) on it's right.

DOUBLE EDIT: Look it up on Google Street View, you lazy bugger heads. :P

I'm staying going to be staying at the Holiday Inn on Welbeck Street, RC, please PM directions to the pub, my good man. Better still, give me a piggy-back there and back. :)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 16 2009, 7:17 PM BST

Do you not have any ID whatsover? Not even a passport?

I don't actually! Very frustrating, I am getting it sorted though!

Quote: PhQnix @ September 16 2009, 7:31 PM BST

Are you an illegal immigrant or something?

Quote: PhQnix @ September 16 2009, 7:31 PM BST

I only just got my first passport. Took about 2/3 weeks from applying to receiving. Will be even quicker if it's not your first.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 16 2009, 7:34 PM BST

Are you an illegal immigrant or something?

Just poorly organised/poor. I don't drive and I haven't been on holiday in ages, £72 is a lot to shell out for something that would've been mostly unnecessary!