The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 82

Dirty sheep shagging inbreded bastards.

An old joke specially for any Leeds fans.

What's the difference between Manchester United and a tea bag? A tea bag stays in the cup longer.

Chuffed for Bam-bam (aka Richard Naylor, a cult hero during his 9 years at Portman Road), well done fella.

What's the difference between a Cordless drill and the Premiership? There's no leeds.

Quote: Jack Massey @ January 3 2010, 3:12 PM GMT

What's the difference between a Cordless drill and the Premiership? There's no leeds.

What's the Premiership?

It's been the Premier League since 2007. I was upset that the Championship didn't follow suit with the name change, it's the only way that Ipswich would be able to play in the Champions League.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ January 3 2010, 3:23 PM GMT

What's the Premiership?

It's been the Premier League since 2007. I was upset that the Championship didn't follow suit with the name change, it's the only way that Ipswich would be able to play in the Champions League.

Laughing out loud

Even though I'm an Arsenal fan, felt a bit sorry for West Ham there. They played some really great, open, flowing football and rightfully led for most of the game.

But now I can live in my Gooner fantasy world and convince myself we're on for the triple this season.

As Kevin Costner once famously said 'Go be Gunners!'

Well done the Lillywhites. We owed those overindulged superstars a good beating. In two years we'll be doing it in the league as well. We're back!

Oh dear - what on earth happened today? ;)

Quote: Chappers @ January 3 2010, 8:19 PM GMT

Quote: Chappers @ January 3 2010, 8:19 PM GMT

I can't even say it was a under-strength team. Esp with real defenders coming back onstream and Rooney and Berbatov starting.

If anything, Manchester United's defeat in the FA Cup and Chelsea's in the Carling Cup means everyone who follows football is spared from hearing the words 'quadruple' and 'dream' for the rest of the season.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 3 2010, 6:13 PM GMT

But now I can live in my Gooner fantasy world and convince myself we're on for the triple this season.

Personally I don't want Arsene to faff about with this anymore. We're nicely poised in the league with a fairly nice run-in. Time to bring in the kids for this one.

The top four haven't been measured by F.A cups for a long time. I saw one paper declare 'Ferguson's greatest humiliation ever!' I bet he doesn't give a shit.

Acording to The Times this morning, Nemanja Vidic will leave United this January and he will be replaced by Palermo's Danish Centre-Back Simon Kjaer. I heard this rumour myself about two months ago from a friend of a friend of a friend who is connected with Manchester United in some way and today The Times is reporting it.

Quote: Jack Massey @ January 5 2010, 12:55 PM GMT

Acording to The Times this morning, Nemanja Vidic will leave United this January and he will be replaced by Palermo's Danish Centre-Back Simon Kjaer. I heard this rumour myself about two months ago from a friend of a friend of a friend who is connected with Manchester United in some way and today The Times is reporting it.

Its a lie. Vidic is going nowhere.

If he does go we're stuck with the new Mr. Injury Ferdinand :/

Quote: Mike T @ January 5 2010, 1:39 PM GMT

Its a lie. Vidic is going nowhere.

If he does go we're stuck with the new Mr. Injury Ferdinand :/

I've been a fan of Vidic since he joined United, but he hasn't looked as strong this season as he has in previous seasons.