The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 730

When I was last on here Sutton United were overreaching themselves in their first season in what was the old Fourth Division.

At this time they are unbelievably 3rd! I'm sure I'll wake up some time.

As a Chelsea supporter I think the club and players are bloody stupid to say that vaccination is a personal choice. If they lose any tournaments because certain players can't take part then it's their own stupid fault.

Sutton United one game from Wem-ber-ley for the fourth time in their history.

Good Luck, and I'm only saying that so I can put the mockers on the result. ?

Quote: Chappers @ 21st January 2022, 6:54 PM

As a Chelsea supporter I think the club and players are bloody stupid to say that vaccination is a personal choice. If they lose any tournaments because certain players can't take part then it's their own stupid fault.

Agreed.
Theses guys have a lot of influence

I just saw Kidderminster take the lead against West Ham. Funny but the free kick they scored it from looked totally innocent from one angle.

Anyway West Ham's goalie Ariola looks a bit of a tit.

I see what you did there ....

My team Huddersfield Town have now gone 12 games without loss to take us into the playoff positions and we are in the quarter finals of the FA cup.
We were 7/2 with the bookies to go down this season.
I do hope we get a trip to Wembley.

Perhaps a three-legged footballer might help.............

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th February 2022, 8:38 AM

My team Huddersfield Town have now gone 12 games without loss to take us into the playoff positions and we are in the quarter finals of the FA cup.
We were 7/2 with the bookies to go down this season.
I do hope we get a trip to Wembley.

Just pray that Notts don't turn it on like they did against Leicester - they were on bloody fire.
Good draw, all the same.
What a week-end, though, eh? Magic of the Cup and all that.

Yes, they too are moving up with a wet sail.
Being a supporter for many years (or as we are known disappointed supporters) we already know 'where's there's hope there's failure.

Well mine are still punching well above their weight although 2 draws in 2 home games isn't brilliant form. On Saturday we had relegated-from-the-Premier-League Madeley refereeing and he was abysmal. Tonight's game was our fault with us unable to finish. We're still 4th in the league though.

There's as much joy watching lower division football as there is watching premiership teams (apart from Man City - my God, they're good)
A star player shines above all the rest in lower divisions and you know sooner or later, scouts see it too and he will be off.

Last season we had Emile Smith Rowe on loan. A young fledgling sent to us for experience. He started very naive and nervous but his skills were obvious.
A dozen games in and it was exhilarating to see him turn entire defenses and weave through to score.
He went back and was straight in the first team for Arsenal.

This World Club Championship has a 5th placed play off. Do they need every team to have a "place"?

This afternoon I'm going to Gander Green Lane (now the VBS Community Stadium) to watch my team Sutton United currently fourth in the fourth division (or League 2 as it's stupidly called now) play top of the table Forest Green Rovers, the World's greenest football club. Famously their food outlet only serves Vegan food.