The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 735

Quote: Chappers @ 25th March 2022, 5:53 PM

I just got my tickets fo the Cup Final at Wembley.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th March 2022, 9:14 AM

Well mine cost me £15.

Just got my tickets for this weekend's other big match. F A Vase semi-final. Cost £5 (for concessions).

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th March 2022, 10:17 AM

Just got my tickets for this weekend's other big match. F A Vase semi-final. Cost £5 (for concessions).

Where is that and who is playing?

(I'm a concession too)

Quote: Chappers @ 30th March 2022, 4:26 PM

Where is that and who is playing?

You haven't been following developments!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 19th February 2022, 1:33 PM

Littlehampton were thrashed 5-0 by Athletic Newham in the 4th round of the FA Vase in January.

They have since been reinstated because of Newham playing an ineligible player and "sailed" through the 5th round 3-3, winning on penalties.

So they are now back on the Wembley trail and play at home to North Shields (there's a trip and a half) in the quarter finals on 12 March. It's a funny old game...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th March 2022, 6:12 PM

Littlehampton through to the semi-finals of the FA Vase, beating favourites North Shields 1-0 in front of an attendance of 2,245.

Just in case you've been hanging on for the result.

And now they're playing at home (only one leg) v Loughborough Students (although the Students has historical connotations rather than current relevance. Rather like Boca Juniors, Young Boys and Sheffield Wednesday).

When's the final?

Quote: Chappers @ 30th March 2022, 8:48 PM

When's the final?

Final? Let's not tempt fate. We haven't had the semi-final yet. Let's just say that I am keeping Sunday 22 May free in my diary. Non-League Finals Day as it's known. Together with the FA Trophy Final. Two matches for the price of one.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th March 2022, 10:04 PM

Final? Let's not tempt fate. We haven't had the semi-final yet. Let's just say that I am keeping Sunday 22 May free in my diary. Non-League Finals Day as it's known. Together with the FA Trophy Final. Two matches for the price of one.

Ah I remember non-league days.

Good Grief. 1 hour 45 minutes for a cup draw?

Cup draws used to be so simple. On the wireless at 12.30 on a Monday lunchtime. Just enough time for me to have a coughing fit in the maths lesson, be sent down for a drink of water (with radio neatly stowed away in my blazer pocket) and come back 5 minutes later with all the news to share amongst my classmates.

Group B: England, Iran, USA, Scotland/Wales/Ukraine

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 1st April 2022, 5:15 PM

Good Grief. 1 hour 45 minutes for a cup draw?

That's exactly what I thought, especially when I saw that House of Games wasn't on till 7, and then saw all the prat experts and pundits waffling on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on................?

England V Sweaty's. One to savour.

That'll be the pick, if they can beat Ukraine and then Wales. Whoever it is will have a great chance of next stage advancement with USA and Iran the other two so they'll be hard fought games.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 1st April 2022, 5:15 PM

Cup draws used to be so simple. On the wireless at 12.30 on a Monday lunchtime. Just enough time for me to have a coughing fit in the maths lesson, be sent down for a drink of water (with radio neatly stowed away in my blazer pocket) and come back 5 minutes later with all the news to share amongst my classmates.

Great days at Greyfriars recalled there, I hope they rewarded you with a round of sticky buns.

Chelsea 1 Brentford 4.....

Whaaaaaaaaa???

Don't.
Nightmare.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th March 2022, 10:17 AM

Whatever will be will be, we're going to Wemb-er-ley...

Final score Littlehampton 4 Loughborough 0. Attendence 3,142 (of which 112 were away fans). Playing Newport Pagnell in the final.

Yes that was a great result for Brentford
Great to see Erikksen back on song as well