The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 197

Oh yes, that too. Also Abramovitch (sp?) has sexy eyes.

What first attracted you to the billionaire Roman Abramovich?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ December 2 2010, 5:34 PM GMT

Oh yes, that too. Also Abramovitch (sp?) has sexy eyes.

He's not the only one - it's one of Dr Hook's biggest sellers.

The Quatar World Cup's going to be a bit shit.

Will England get knocked out in the Qatar Finals?

I'm working on rhymes for the team song.

We're off to Qatar, if they've lifted the Fatwah

Will the beer companies be allowed to be offical sponsers as they normally are?

Quote: bigfella @ December 2 2010, 6:13 PM GMT

Qatar permits (tacitly) drinking for some of its wealthier residents. I'm sure this will be a case where economic force wins out ahead of any idea of 'moral' or legal obligation.

They'll relax the rules on drinking and probably female clothing by the time the World Cup rolls round. Maybe an exemption period will be granted. You wonder if they'll do the same for their laws regarding homosexuality...

Quote: bigfella @ December 2 2010, 6:13 PM GMT

Islam will have fallen by then.

I hope, for the sake of the England fans travelling to the tournament in 2018, that they don't bump into these chaps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dZzx80GT4o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKDTFPX-SKk

Quote: chipolata @ December 2 2010, 6:06 PM GMT

The Quatar World Cup's going to be a bit shit.

But plucky.

I did hacve to laugh when in our presentation we said that travel around our compact country was very easy.

It's probably a blessing in disguise. After all we wouldn't have to go through the qualifications thereby not having any competitive games for two years which would make us think we're brilliant again.

(I mean make us THINK it again!)

Anyway we've got too much crime, racism and corruption in this country. Well done Russia.

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 2 2010, 8:34 PM GMT

But plucky.

:D >_<

As a sign of our national disgust at corrupt FIFA's disgusting decision, I suggest the FA wage a silent protest by deliberately trying not to qualify for any future World Cups. As a sign of our passive defiance, why don't we consistently select dodgy managers and incredibly mediocre players and tell them not to bother trying too hard in international matches? FIFA will be so embarrassed when they realise that England - the home of football - can't be bothered with winning the World Cup anymore! It will make the competition meaningless!

It may take 20 or even 30 years of adopting such tactics to make our point, but eventually it'll shame those dodgy FIFA foreigners into admitting they were wrong.