Favourite comedienne? Page 3

Than YOU have seen.

Not the rest of us.

Quote: zooo @ July 7 2009, 11:16 PM BST

Than YOU have seen.

Not the rest of us.

Please enlighten me dear zooo, point me in the direction of this comedy gold and destroy my ignorance for good.

Any You Tube link will do.

I don't find Victoria Wood funny at all. But there's a place for her and she's filling it well.

(she has a fat arse)

Why would I waste my time searching for something that you will reject regardless of its quality?

Cue a smug obnoxious post about that being proof that there isn't one blah blah blah.

:)

Quote: Leevil @ July 7 2009, 11:28 PM BST

I don't find Victoria Wood funny at all. But there's a place for her and she's filling it well.

(she has a fat arse)

Heh! Undeniable.

She used to be married to that Piff Paff Poof dude!
That is the most awesome thing about her. (and no one below a certain age will know what I'm on about.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSiTLJpP-EA

Quote: zooo @ July 7 2009, 11:30 PM BST

Heh! Undeniable.

She used to be married to that Piff Paff Poof dude!
That is the most awesome thing about her. (and no one below a certain age will know what I'm on about.)

Was that the Great Seprendo?

I think she was brilliant on stage and in her sketch shows but dinnerladies was crap.

*Soprendo.

(aka Geoffrey Durham)

That's him!

Quote: zooo @ July 7 2009, 11:30 PM BST

Why would I waste my time searching for something that you will reject regardless of its quality?

Cue a smug obnoxious post about that being proof that there isn't one blah blah blah.

Case closed.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 8 2009, 1:05 AM BST

Case closed.

Yep, zooo was right.

Victoria Wood is funny IMHO. Acorn Antiques is proof. I still laugh at the memory of a sketch she did spoofing a documentary about a child Channel swimmer. There's something quite dark about her material that obviously some people aren't seeing. I remember her talking about a birthday cake she made for her son which featured sugar paste children standing on a bridge looking down at a train; she thought it looked like a triple suicide bid.

And she's not middle-class and twee, rather she relates the Northern upper working-class experience.

Quote: Aaron @ July 8 2009, 2:12 AM BST

Yep, zooo was right.

Yep, Zooo was right.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 8 2009, 8:09 AM BST

Victoria Wood is funny IMHO. Acorn Antiques is proof. I still laugh at the memory of a sketch she did spoofing a documentary about a child Channel swimmer. There's something quite dark about her material that obviously some people aren't seeing. I remember her talking about a birthday cake she made for her son which featured sugar paste children standing on a bridge looking down at a train; she thought it looked like a triple suicide bid.

I think she's very funny, and the Channel Swimmer documentary was great poignant spoof documentary decades before The Office. She was good on the recent I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, despite Stephen Fry's efforts to murder the show.

The most recent batch of ladies on SNL are rather good. Whatever their f**king names are.