Brain Tuna

Sad news indeed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWuTneXiLBE

Laughing out loud Great stuff Mr Bussell, not bad acting either. I especially liked the last line.

Good production, and props. But when you corrected the idea that it was a brain tumour, not a brain tuna, the ending was telegraphed. I was kinda hoping for a Bussell twist on the basic pun. But saying that, production and acting, and props were spot-on.
:)

Quote: SlagA @ June 24 2009, 12:31 PM BST

when you corrected the idea that it was a brain tumour, not a brain tuna, the ending was telegraphed.

I thought that, but the last line twisted it up nicely for me.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 24 2009, 11:48 AM BST

Laughing out loud Great stuff Mr Bussell, not bad acting either. I especially liked the last line.

Thanks for watching, Nil.

Quote: SlagA @ June 24 2009, 12:31 PM BST

Good production, and props. But when you corrected the idea that it was a brain tumour, not a brain tuna, the ending was telegraphed. I was kinda hoping for a Bussell twist on the basic pun. But saying that, production and acting, and props were spot-on.
:)

I did wonder about that, which is why I added the little capper on for anyone who saw the fish-headed girlfriend coming.

I thought it was very good.

Produce more work of this quality, and I might have a job waiting for you.

Quote: don rushmore @ June 24 2009, 2:26 PM BST

Butler?

Quote: don rushmore @ June 24 2009, 2:26 PM BST

Bon bon fetcher?

Quote: David Bussell @ June 24 2009, 2:32 PM BST

Bon bon fetcher?

Bon bon fetcher could be arranged.

I was going to suggest to Pete Docter, that he might like to take a look at your website. He's a good buddy of mine, and is always looking for new talent.

PM me if you are interested.

Haha, very good. When he goes in for a hug and is pushed away is a particularily special moment.

Next time you make something of this quality do you reckon you could take a few pics of your lighting set-up? Or if it's not that let us know what you do in post-pro to give it such a professional look.

Quote: ShoePie @ June 25 2009, 3:29 PM BST

Haha, very good. When he goes in for a hug and is pushed away is a particularily special moment.

Next time you make something of this quality do you reckon you could take a few pics of your lighting set-up? Or if it's not that let us know what you do in post-pro to give it such a professional look.

Cheers, Kerry. I'm glad you enjoyed the hug rebuff - it was funny on the day but I was beginning to doubt the joke in the edit.

Yeah, the tech guys spent forever setting up for this. You wouldn't believe the amount of lamps we had lighting the room. Next time I'll try to remember to take some on-set photos if you think they'd be of help.

This is really good, yeah the joke was a bit obvious but the acting by yourself more than made up for that.
Echo a few other comments on the quality, it looks very very good.

Great stuff and has no one mentioned the impressive FX?

Quote: sootyj @ June 25 2009, 4:59 PM BST

Great stuff and has no one mentioned the impressive FX?

Yep, Bussell was actually fully CGI in that clip. James Cameron can shit it!

Thank you - the fish head was custom made I'll have you know!