Weak characters in great shows Page 7

Aw, I loooove Jen on The IT Crowd. I think her character works well with the others.

Quote: zooo @ June 24 2009, 1:11 PM BST

Aw, I loooove Jen on The IT Crowd.

Me too.

I was trying to find the clip of Jen dancing on YouTube to win Andrea round. But I can't find it. :(

Quote: zooo @ June 24 2009, 1:25 PM BST

I was trying to find the clip of Jen dancing on YouTube to win Andrea round. But I can't find it. :(

Well, that's great. Thanks for letting us know. ;)

Wanted to keep you all posted. :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 24 2009, 12:20 PM BST

This may have already been mentioned, but Polly in Fawlty Towers is a bit of a nothing character.

:O

There was something about her I didn't connect with. But I don't think she was a weak character.

Quote: zooo @ June 24 2009, 2:27 PM BST

There was something about her I didn't connect with. But I don't think she was a weak character.

She was flat. Compared to the other three she didn't have as much character either, she just seemed bland.

I don't dislike the character, it's just always struck me that she seems so minor in comparison to the others.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 24 2009, 12:20 PM BST

This may have already been mentioned, but Polly in Fawlty Towers is a bit of a nothing character.

Isolated, perhaps. But the show wouldn't work if she weren't there for Basil to bounce off. (No pun intended.)

Quote: Aaron @ June 24 2009, 3:58 PM BST

Isolated, perhaps. But the show wouldn't work if she weren't there for Basil to bounce off. (No pun intended.)

Oh I know the role she filled and her purpose, but as an actual character she feels weak compared to the others.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 24 2009, 4:11 PM BST

Oh I know the role she filled and her purpose, but as an actual character she feels weak compared to the others.

Well ... I suppose I can understand where you're coming from. Buuut I wouldn't have gone as far as to say she's weak.

Quote: zooo @ June 24 2009, 1:25 PM BST

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=6819549943444073539&ei=OEhCSsLCLczg-Qaq24DEBw&q=aunt+irma+it+crowd+end&hl=en

From 23 mins onwards? Also right at the end.

Yayyy!
I loled.

Robyn for queen. :)

Okay, maybe I'm being a little harsh on Jen, but with reason. I'm a huge fan of IT Crowd, and a friend over there recommended Doc Martin to me. So I gave it a go and there's Pauline. A few days later, another friend recommends the Old Guys, and there's Amber. And then I watch IT Crowd, and its the one where she buys the tiny shoes. I guess it was all too much for me. Sorry if I offended.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ June 25 2009, 3:44 PM BST

Sorry if I offended.

You're American. We expect it of you. ;)