The Weather Page 18

Variable, and not good for box flattening.

It's sunshiny and warm, and Bud's Fruit of the Looms are flapping in the breeze.

After all the 'hot' dicussion tonight I think I'll cool down in the weather thread. Cool and dry outside. Rain tomorrow which is fine by me.

Weather memory. When I was about 16 I was touring Malta. It was during their 'smelly' season so called because there was never enough water to flush the loos. So the height of summer.

One day it rained. Now in this country we head for cover, but on mass everyone walked into the street and just stood in it. It was quite a site because everything including the people were steaming.

It's pissing down with rain again. Yet earlier it was sunny. What a week.

Hey DaButt! Your neck of the woods made Good Morning America. They were talking about the drought and how people are turning in their neighbors for sprinklers and such. How are you holding up?

it's actually so dark where I am at the moment I'm expecting the 4 horsemen anytime soon...

Quote: AndreaLynne @ July 28 2009, 5:57 PM BST

Hey DaButt! Your neck of the woods made Good Morning America. They were talking about the drought and how people are turning in their neighbors for sprinklers and such. How are you holding up?

My neighbors and I have agreed that we'll look the other way if we break the watering rules. Parts of our lawns are already dead and I'd rather not pay $4000 to have it replaced.

Looks like the 10-day forecast shows no prediction of rain and highs in the 100-104 range. Same old same old.

My car was so hot when I left the office yesterday that the stereo's LCD display turned completely black. I couldn't touch any of the metal or plastic inside the vehicle and had to open the doors and let it cool off for 5 minutes. I bought one of those windshield sunshades this morning on the way to work.

*appreciates England's grey weather*

Some of the phone calls they were playing were hysterical. They all had that Gladys Kravitz sound. I'm keeping fingers, eyes, and toes crossed for ya.

It's tipping down here. I've never seen the mountain so green at this time of year. I like it. My kind of summer.

Quote: chipolata @ July 28 2009, 5:30 PM BST

It's pissing down with rain again. Yet earlier it was sunny. What a week.

This is still true.

Lovely overcast and dark here today.

Wet as a bitch.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 29 2009, 2:59 PM BST

Wet as a bitch.

Dry as a bitch here. Always the same for me. Rolling eyes

It's hammering down here, but not as much as it was earlier.