Back from Cuba and Married Page 5

Quote: Aaron @ May 21 2009, 10:31 AM BST

Including your parents'?

You need a special excuse to wear a hat?

My parents had been married over ten years before I was born.

I don't need an excuse for an everyday hat, but large dress hats look a bit odd down at Waitrose. :)

Quote: chipolata @ May 21 2009, 10:34 AM BST

She looks very nice. She reminds me a bit of Grace from Will and Grace. Debra Messing?

Ohhh, she totally does! I knew she reminded me of someone.

Quote: Aaron @ May 21 2009, 10:40 AM BST

Aww, Curt's met some northerners!

I don't know how you could interpret Curt's words as Northerner speak. The "w" in place of an 'r' is a dead giveaway that they were probably from the South East.

Quote: sootyj @ May 21 2009, 8:17 AM BST

I have to say growing up in a tourist town in the UK we had many Canadians making our lives miserable.

With their excessive politeness, ceaseless demands for maple syrup and insistence on making short government funded animated films. We had to ban them in the end and shoot a couple.

Laughing out loud I really did laugh out loud reading that.

Quote: Aaron @ May 21 2009, 10:36 AM BST

But did she?

Always staying classy my friend :)

Quote: JuliaC @ May 21 2009, 1:47 PM BST

Ohhh, she totally does! I knew she reminded me of someone.

haha yea I used to tell her that too. When we started dating she looked even more like her. She doesn't think so though.

Quote: chipolata @ May 21 2009, 10:46 AM BST

I doubt they're a true chav family then. To me chav is underclass. Everybody on benefits, probably single parent, and fit only for the gas chamber. :)

Don't brand all single parent families as trash. What about these poor bitches whose men walk out on them?

Well done Curt, and welcome back.

Quote: catskillz @ May 21 2009, 4:01 PM BST

I don't know how you could interpret Curt's words as Northerner speak. The "w" in place of an 'r' is a dead giveaway that they were probably from the South East.

Not sure of your w/r logic there. There's very little in that transcription to give a good enough idea of their actual accent to judge fairly. Some parts of it did strike me as Cockney-esque if taken literally. Either way, whatever a strawberry thingy is, I can only imagine the scummiest of people requesting one.

Quote: catskillz @ May 21 2009, 4:03 PM BST

Don't brand all single parent families as trash. What about these poor bitches whose men walk out on them?

They're trash too. :)

I thought she looked a bit like Grace too!
Only nicer, natch.

Quote: zooo @ May 22 2009, 2:56 PM BST

I thought she looked a bit like Grace too!
Only nicer, natch.

Debra Messing is gorgeous, though.

She is pretty yes. Has kind of harsh features, Curt's Mrs has a softer face.

Quote: Aaron @ May 22 2009, 1:58 PM BST

whatever a strawberry thingy is, I can only imagine the scummiest of people requesting one.

I ordered two Strawberry Daiquiris...and a banana one :$
Besides that I ordered mostly mojitos, white Russians and Cristal beer. That Cristal beer was pretty good. I didn't care much for their Buccaneero beer brand though.

Quote: zooo @ May 22 2009, 3:01 PM BST

She is pretty yes. Has kind of harsh features, Curt's Mrs has a softer face.

:)