Everyone loves Only Fools and Horses. Right? Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ May 18 2009, 1:42 PM BST

No we don't.

I knew you'd say that, Aaron. And most of us on here do. I wouldn't tell everybody you like it, though.

I would. :)

I'm afraid to say I've never watched an entire episode, I've seen clips on other shows but that's it. The wheeler-dealer character doesn't appeal to me at all although I'm sure there was much more to it than that once you got to know the characters, but I don't feel as though I want to. For the same reason, I don't watch Shameless.

I loved it, especially when I was growing up. Although I did share a house with a guy at university who loathed it, and became incandessant with rage at the very mention of David Jason.

I think anyone who could not find anything to enjoy in OFAH would have to have been born without a sense of humour.

Quote: Timbo @ May 19 2009, 12:39 PM BST

I think anyone who could not find anything to enjoy in OFAH would have to have been born without a sense of humour.

Yes, but I can understand people not liking it simply because of it's reputation as one of our "most loved sitcoms". Some people object to being told how to feel about it. And in it's later years it really didn't do itself any favours with bloated laughter-free Christmas specials.

Up to and including series 3 it was mostly very good. I really liked more or less every episode from those series, though I never truly loved the show. Series 4 (parts of 5) was last consistently decent series, prefer the 30-min episodes to most of the longer ones, though Hull and Back, the 'Arnie' one (fake heart attack) were very good. I didn't like the Jolly Boys episode at all. I much preferred them with Grandad too.

Quote: Jackson Neil @ May 19 2009, 2:47 PM BST

I much preferred them with Grandad too.

He was a great character, although I think Uncle Albert was equally as great. It's the kids in the last few episodes that were really annoying.

He was good, I just prefered the episodes which dealt soley with the scams and them usually losing out. The first season with Albert was good and some good episodes beyond that too, but the quality of the series after that weren't nearly as good as they were from 1-4. I think they shoul've called it a day after series 5. Some of the stand alone episodes were good, though- everything from after series 6 was crap.

Quote: chipolata @ May 19 2009, 2:48 PM BST

He was a great character, although I think Uncle Albert was equally as great. It's the kids in the last few episodes that were really annoying.

British children shouldn't be allowed to act until they're at least 25, I think. Spare them and us the embarrasment.

Quote: Chappers @ May 18 2009, 3:55 PM BST

I just overdosed on it. I used to love it.

We all have, non stop playing time on G.O.L.D.! Still a classic show though.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 19 2009, 3:12 PM BST

British children shouldn't be allowed to act until they're at least 25, I think. Spare them and us the embarrasment.

Outnumbered

I haven't seen much of it but what I've seen I've liked. It plays regularly on BBC Canada.

My view that it was great for the first few series when it was a proper sitcom, then went rapidly downhill when the "sit" was changed by bringing in the permanent (and permanently unfunny) relationships. A couple of the later specials had some v.good moments, but these were invariably when Rodney and Del were on their own acting how they used to or with the original actors...which you think would have dropped a hint to those involved.

One of shows where I feel either the writer or actors (or both) wanted to prove they could write/act serious stuff and had developed the (misplaced) view that plain sitcom was beneath them.

I like the show but it is definitely overrated and outstayed its welcome.