Stephen Fry hits the nail on the head! Page 5

Christopher Biggins said that to me one. He was charming and tipped well.

Quote: zooo @ May 14 2009, 3:38 PM BST

I seem to have lost my golf bag... Mind if I use your arse?

Is this a reference to your legendary strap-on?

Why yes, I have one shaped like a five iron.

Bloody hell. When I posted this thread at lunchtime I wasn't expecting such a response.

Quote: sootyj @ May 14 2009, 3:25 PM BST

Faithfull to an egomaninacal tart who wasn't that hot and who wanted to f**k Arabs than George Bush.

I don't know. Maybe satire has moved on.

Make your mind up Stephen! Ha! (From Chortle):

Stephen Fry said there were bigger issues than MP's pay when confronted by a journalist this week – and instantly regretted it. 'Oh, I'm such an arse. Why can't I keep my mouth shut?' he Twittered. 'Miserable all day at being portrayed as "the MPs' friend". As if. My own fault tho...' Watch his comments here.

Quote: sootyj @ May 14 2009, 3:23 PM BST

All buildings should be really old looking

You are correct.

Quote: zooo @ May 14 2009, 3:27 PM BST

Charles and Camilla are true love! I think their story is quite romantic.

Quite. It says a lot that he went for the ugly bird he loved, rather than the 'beautiful' one he didn't. Good for him, I say.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 15 2009, 11:17 AM BST

Make your mind up Stephen! Ha! (From Chortle):

Stephen Fry said there were bigger issues than MP's pay when confronted by a journalist this week – and instantly regretted it. 'Oh, I'm such an arse. Why can't I keep my mouth shut?' he Twittered. 'Miserable all day at being portrayed as "the MPs' friend". As if. My own fault tho...' Watch his comments here.

His mind is firmly made up. He's not changed it. He was, however, having his comments misrepresented, which is what he Twittered about.

He's still a flappy mouthed tit!

Quote: Aaron @ May 15 2009, 3:25 PM BST

Quite. It says a lot that he went for the ugly bird he loved, rather than the 'beautiful' one he didn't. Good for him, I say.

You would say that. ;)

Pah. Hush!

Quote: Aaron @ May 15 2009, 3:25 PM BST

And all it took were several years of an abusive, loveless marriage, a couple of kids, a dead woman lying on the road in France and the total re-appraisal of a cold and indiffernt monarchy by an angry British public. All at the tax payers expense.

You can't get more romantic then that. Lovey

Haha.
That's one way to look at it!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 15 2009, 6:16 PM BST

And all it took were several years of an abusive, loveless marriage, a couple of kids, a dead woman lying on the road in France and the total re-appraisal of a cold and indiffernt monarchy by an angry British public. All at the tax payers expense.

I thought she died in the ambulance? The rest is spot on, though.

Nothing sells papers more than stories about other people getting more stuff than we are. Jealousy is an incredibly-successful marketing tool and the newspapers are full-aware of the fact.

When the MP's expenses furore calms down, the papers will find something new to stir up envious outrage, or go back to hounding immigrants and single mothers with large families on the dole.

I find the whole media obsession with this non-story disgusting. As Fry says there are more pressing issues that should be adorning the front pages. Like perhaps the 25 thousand people who die every day because of world poverty, most of them children. Or the fact that we're raping the world of its natural resources to the point where we're probably past the point of no return. Or if you want to complain about money issues, how about that in the UK, military spending is around 36 billion pounds a year, about £50 per head of the population?

And we're up in arms about some MP putting a tin of f**king catfood on expenses.

Quote: Lee Henman @ May 18 2009, 12:31 PM BST

Or if you want to complain about money issues, how about that in the UK, military spending is around 36 billion pounds a year, about £50 per head of the population?

And we're up in arms about some MP putting a tin of f**king catfood on expenses.

£50 a year to keep the UK safe from invasion, that's pretty darn cheap in my book, it costs me more then that for the Council to pick up me bins.

BTW Lee, I've rung your work and they're going to be sending me some of your pay-cheque every week to pay off my mortgage - even though I paid it off years ago - but it's a non-story, so don't get upset. :P