That Mitchell & Webb Sound - Series 4 Page 4

Having just listened to the first episode, I think it sounds promising! The overall feel of the sketches in the first ep were better than many episodes in the previous series, and I still managed to enjoy those. :)

Another good show, with lots of laugh out loud moments. Best sketch by far was the Compare Compare Dotcom one. Very funny, although it did remind me of the Sky sports football trailer sketch they did.

I thought the Gurkhas one was very funny.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 2 2009, 10:10 AM BST

I thought the Gurkhas one was very funny.

Yes. Odd one to start the show with, though. Seemed very long.

I didn't think this was as good as last weeks, but it was still ok.

Enjoyed hearing Matthews Weather Brain sketch (well done again Matthew)
I remember hearing this before, there was a link in Critique a little while back.
I enjoyed Mitchells performance in that sketch, but then I also enjoyed Bussells performance in the original but which David is better, only one way to find out.
Fiiiiight!

:D

Bussell is a better kisser.

I thought they did my sketch really well; though they changed the leopard to a tiger.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 2 2009, 10:26 AM BST

I thought they did my sketch really well; thougth they changed the leopard to a tiger.

I Also thought they did it very well, but the Leopard/Tiger change ruined it for me.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 2 2009, 10:30 AM BST

I Also thought they did it very well, but the Leopard/Tiger change ruined it for me.

Heh, it's not entirely clear why leopard is funnier than tiger as a word/image, but it undoubtedly is. ...I think.

Listened to episode 4 last night.
Going to listen to number 5 later on.

Overall I don't think this series is as good as the previous ones.
But maybe when I listen to them again I'll appreciate it a bit more.

Still had me laughing though, and I have been enjoying the Stargate sketches, and the fairytale ones especially.

There's not been much comment here about the more recent episodes. Tonight's seemed strangely less interesting that last weeks. Oh well.

I went to see one of the episode being recorded, and there was a couple of good sketches that night.

I'm looking out for a Rapunzel sketch, and one where David mitchell goes into the bank.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 22 2009, 9:52 PM BST

I'm looking out for a Rapunzel sketch, .../

That was on tonight.

Hrm, I thought last night's episode was the best so far! There just seemed to be more funny in it, in my opinion. It still wasn't as good as previous series, but the best so far of this one.

Quote: Liëka @ September 23 2009, 7:20 AM BST

Hrm, I thought last night's episode was the best so far! There just seemed to be more funny in it, in my opinion. It still wasn't as good as previous series, but the best so far of this one.

I Agree.

Some of the sketches early on were excellent.

I thought it was good but not great. And the Easter Island Statue sketch never really gelled, despite having some good ideas. I thought the Old Lady Job Review sketch was excellent, though. Nicely subverting the previous sketches in the series.