Stand up Comedy. Page 26

Six Jongleurs Comedy Club have closed with immediate effect as their parent company goes into liquidation.
The affected venues – more than a third of all the Jongleurs sites – are in Southampton, Cardiff, Nottingham, Bristol, Oxford and Bow.

I was in Bow on Friday ... so bizarre.

Popped into my head...

"I took a pay cut at work. Of course I'm a barber so the connotations are completely different."

Quote: thefridaylink @ October 21 2009, 9:21 AM BST

Six Jongleurs Comedy Club have closed with immediate effect as their parent company goes into liquidation.
The affected venues – more than a third of all the Jongleurs sites – are in Southampton, Cardiff, Nottingham, Bristol, Oxford and Bow.

I was in Bow on Friday ... so bizarre.

Popped into my head...

"I took a pay cut at work. Of course I'm a barber so the connotations are completely different."

Bristol is supposed to be the first regional heat location.

This is quite unexpected

Quote: Roodeye @ October 20 2009, 2:45 PM BST

My grandmother's house had no heating, no lighting, no electricity, no running water and on her back-kitchen table she performed no less than 144 abortions. I know what you're thinking. Gross!

And while she was doing that, my grandad was in his shop selling eggs, cheese, bacon, bread and biscuits. Grocer!

(Conceived and written by me this very afternoon)

If your grandad was enviromentally-friendly and into recycling maybe he became a greengrocer.. Maybe not, just a thought. :)

someone make them stop...

I watched a remake where a firing squad threw 144 eggs at prisoners at close range.

Gross Point Blank.

Cannot be stopped.

Quote: thefridaylink @ October 21 2009, 11:21 AM BST

I watched a remake where a firing squad threw 144 eggs at prisoners at close range.

Gross Point Blank.

Cannot be stopped.

Eggsellent

At the Old Bailey this afternoon, twelve juries in twelve different courtrooms simultaneously stood up and exposed themselves to the judge.

They were arrested for gross indecency.

I ignored all these jokes ... and was done for gross neglect

Do fishermen make a net profit? Can they change career or are they hooked?

My local religious figure prays 144 times a day, for 144 days, and then tells us of 144 specific things that will happen to us in the future.

He is a gross profit (prophet). ... Ho ho...

Net Profit ... very good.
... struggling to find a famous actress called Annette ... there is Annette Benning ... that will do

The star of The Great Outdoor's Annette Benning is looking for acting work and his happy to consider many roles. Directors have been told to cast Annette wide.

Aww that is rubbish - might send some of these to Adam and Joe. Really should stop and do some proper writing.

Ha ha, me too. Glad the gig went well - you should use the family ones, as they're a nice set. I'd give you the 'fortune' one but it sits nicely at one point in my routine, so will be using it.

Quote: thefridaylink @ October 20 2009, 2:10 PM BST

Oh I still dedicate jokes to people (The Rubicon gag is dedicated to my history teacher) but I do need to work on establishing more of a persona. http://forums.chortle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=30209
This was useful on the same subject.

I thought I was in a close knit family but it turns out they all hate me. They were pulling the wool over my eyes ...?

it was knit one, purl one, cast one off

has anyone else heard back from Jongleurs RE the FHM stand up hero?

Quote: Kaboosh @ October 23 2009, 8:09 PM BST

has anyone else heard back from Jongleurs RE the FHM stand up hero?

Yes.

did they call you this evening too?