Tommy Cooper's death Page 3

Quote: Mike Dan-Carter @ April 27 2009, 12:47 PM BST

Just watched it, the worst bit for me was his fez falling over his face as he slumped backwards. Very sad. Wish I hadn't watched it now.

I agree. I'll steer clear. The closest I want to get to watching people die on TV is the last series of Corden and Horne.

I remember it on telly. I was 7, it wasn't something you forget. I haven't seen the clip on YouTube as I've not got an account and it's one you have to log in for, and I don't really want to see it. The thumbnail picture is enough.

I find it very sad. He wasn't my favourite; I always found him a bit manic and creepy with those mad eyes and grin. But it's sad to see a funny man slip away like that with everyone laughing when he needs help and perhaps a bit of dignity.

I didn't see it at the time. But I watched it last night (you can watch it without an account, Maurice), and I would have liked to have seen what happened next, but having seen it once, that's enough forever.

Quote: Bad dog @ April 27 2009, 1:40 PM BST

But I watched it last night (you can watch it without an account, Maurice)

I just searched for the clip on YouTube and I was asked to sign in to view it. If nothing else, seeing someone die like that might encourage people to do a St John Ambulance first aid course to learn how to administer CPR and artificial respiration, so that one day you might be able to save a life.

That's odd, Kenneth. I don't have an account and can watch it without any kind of log in.

I don't think this video should be on YouTube to be honest. I know I watched it, but I think it's quite disrespectful to the man himself and his family. Imagine somebody going up to his daughter or son and saying "I watched a video of your dad dying yesterday". I'm not sure how people would know TC's daughter or son, but you get my point.

Quote: Mike Dan-Carter @ April 27 2009, 3:16 PM BST

I don't think this video should be on YouTube to be honest. I know I watched it, but I think it's quite disrespectful to the man himself and his family. Imagine somebody going up to his daughter or son and saying "I watched a video of your dad dying yesterday". I'm not sure how people would know TC's daughter or son, but you get my point.

The Internet's a Mecca for tasteless stuff, whether it be videos of hostages being beheaded by extremist Muslims or posts by Aaron Brown.

Yeah I guess. It was just so shocking to see even though I kinda knew what to expect. It's made me feel weird.

Have you got a link to the hostage videos?

I'm joking. Please don't send a link, an eccles cake yes, a link, no.

Quote: chipolata @ April 27 2009, 4:05 PM BST

or posts by Aaron Brown.

I get sick of those reaction vids of people reading his posts though.

Quote: Leevil @ April 27 2009, 4:08 PM BST

I get sick of those reaction vids of people reading his posts though.

People still read his posts? I tend to avert my gaze nowadays. Like with pictures of starving donkeys in Spain.

Also, Tommy Cooper can't have been the only entertainer to die on TFV and the footage to have found its way to the Internet?

Quote: chipolata @ April 27 2009, 4:18 PM BST

People still read his posts?

I think zooo does? Or that's what she says anyway.

Is this serios dislike towards Aaron, or a joke? Just want to keep up with things.

Oh sorry, did someone say my name?
I don't normally read any of your posts you see...

:)

"Just like that!"

Quote: zooo @ April 27 2009, 4:22 PM BST

I don't normally read any of your posts you see...

I do like to see a Global Moderator taking their job seriously.