Tommy Cooper's death

I've not seen this mentioned on the forum, but the clip has actually been upped to YouTube.

I'd be really interested to hear peoples' thoughts on the fact that this much fabled snippet has actually made it into the public domain 25 years after it happened.

I was always curious to see it, but saw it yesterday and felt a bit poo afterwards. :(

:( I remember seeing this at the time. Not as funny this time around, obviously.

Quote: zooo @ April 26 2009, 9:29 PM BST

felt a bit poo afterwards. :(

Yep, I've got that now. :(

I remember seeing this at the time, very sad and shocking, but I wouldn't view it now.

I don't blame people for watching but were his family consulted do you know?

Do their feelings come into it at all? Or doesn't that matter as long as it gets enough hits?

Jx

Much nicer.

Quote: Jane P @ April 26 2009, 9:38 PM BST

I remember seeing this at the time, very sad and shocking, but I wouldn't view it now.

I don't blame people for watching but were his family consulted do you know?

Do their feelings come into it at all? Or doesn't that matter as long as it gets enough hits?

Jx

I've no idea about who upped it. I'm surprised it's not made the papers, actually.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 26 2009, 9:40 PM BST

I've no idea about who upped it. I'm surprised it's not made the papers, actually.

Me too.  There's still time though. It would give them another chance to have the privacy/freedom of speech debate again.

I'm having 1970s comedian flashbacks now - Tommy actually being a good magician but pretending he's rubbish - Les Dawson doing the same with his piano playing.

And last week at the trials Renegade Carpark was talking about The Good Old Days, it brought back memories of family viewing in my house.

They probably do it on a digi channel somewhere but I'd love to see BBC Two have a night or week of 1970s comedy shows!

Jx

Ooh, I love a bit of Les Dawson.

"Got any Les action?" was the last thing I said before my injunction against entering any Tescos in the Blackwood area. :O

I never saw the Tommy Cooper clip and wouldn't want to. I won't knock others for looking though but imo a man's death is (ideally) a private affair. Ideally being the key word.

It's been talked about so much my whole life (my brother saw it live) that I've just always been curious. Mainly about whether it really could have looked like part of the act. I KNEW I'd regret it as soon as I looked though. Curses.

Saw it at time. Weirdest thing ever. People didn't know whether to laugh or panic. Those who chose the latter were correct of course. No interest in seeing it again.

You do know I wasn't referencing anyone specific here? I'm not a critical person. Honest.
:)
I'm quite lassaiz-faire in my opinions.

I knowwwwws! :)

Insignificant fact number 128. I played at the unveiling of his statue in his home town Caerphilly. That is all. :)

Quote: zooo @ April 26 2009, 10:25 PM BST

I knowwwwws! :)

:) I do worry sometimes that I project a granite face... and heart.

Quote: roscoff @ April 26 2009, 10:28 PM BST

Insignificant fact number 128. I played at the unveiling of his statue in his home town Caerphilly. That is all. :)

Played what? Chess?