Where do you write? Page 2

Quote: Lee Henman @ April 5 2009, 5:42 PM BST

I had my garage converted into an office space. My mistake was to put a comfy sofa in there as well...it's too easy to lie on whilst searching for "inspiration", and never get up again.

:) My wife wanted to put a armchair that we cram into the lounge in here, I knew that if that was up here then I'd be asleep in that instead of cracking on.

Quote: Ben @ April 5 2009, 6:02 PM BST

He'd NEVER hear a good line if he did.

I don;t know I was watching Doctors recently and someone called someone else rather angrily... 'You flapjack!'

I thought that was rather good so stuck it in one I am writing now!
:)

Quote: sootyj @ April 5 2009, 5:35 PM BST

What do you write Zoo?

Fiction and stuff. :)

Quote: zooo @ April 5 2009, 6:19 PM BST

Stuff and nonsense for me :)

Quote: Marc P @ April 5 2009, 5:59 PM BST

You never know when you can hear a good line you can use. :)

Use? You mean steal? :P

Sometimes, if I'm on a train, I've found myself writing large chunks of dialogue on my mobile and saving them as a text message. It's not much fun.

Quote: zooo @ April 5 2009, 6:19 PM BST

Slash fiction?

If the opposite of fiction is fact, and there only is fiction and fact.

That maybe an unhelpful answer.

Quote: Ben @ April 5 2009, 6:25 PM BST

Slash fiction?

Ha, no, not as yet. :)

Did you finish your mills and boon type thing about a priest? was it Zooo? I may be confused.

Yeah that was me!
I changed my mind about Mills & Boon and also changed the plot but am still writing it. :)

I have to have background noise. All the time. TV, radio, music - I can't stand quietness. I can write quite well with people around me - on the tube, in a noisy park, at home.

In the middle of the night, or at deadline time desperately clinging onto some half idea.

Quote: sardines @ April 5 2009, 11:11 PM BST

In the middle of the night

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ April 5 2009, 10:44 PM BST

I have to have background noise. All the time. TV, radio, music - I can't stand quietness. I can write quite well with people around me - on the tube, in a noisy park, at home.

Insane.

How do you do that? I must have peace.

I find that when I'm brainstorming and coming up with characters and ideas I like to have some background noise so I have bought a settee and laptop table for my bedroom so I can have the telly on whilst I'm writing. For when I am writing dialogue and working on an actual script, I sometimes like things to be a little more peaceful so I have turned the dressing room attached to my bedroom into my own office-it's fantastic! Also, like Seefacts, I prefer to write at night, it's when I feel most motivated and awake! As for the internet distraction, I tend to use my laptop for browsing the web, then I use my netbook for writing when I'm sitting at the settee and my imac when I'm in my office-it helps me to concentrate on what I am planning to do. I am very much a creature of habit.