Lesbian Vampire Killers Page 2

Quote: Tiggs @ March 20 2009, 5:53 PM GMT

That sounds incredibly good luck considering they met on G&S? Surely they were cast after they became know as a twosome (G&S, BBBM, etc)?

No, as I said, it was before G&S aired. It kept falling through then, no doubt due to their growing popularity, it finally went ahead.

Quote: Ian G @ March 20 2009, 3:40 PM GMT

This doesn't surprise me as he seems to be on a mission to drown out everyone within a five mile radius, His Smithy routine quickly becomes tiresome when it's taken out of context.

What is his 'Smithy routine' though? Isn't it just him? Who is the real James Corden? He has no comic persona because it is too difficult to tell the difference between his real self or his 'characters'.

Quote: Martin H @ March 21 2009, 10:55 PM GMT

What is his 'Smithy routine' though? Isn't it just him? Who is the real James Corden? He has no comic persona because it is too difficult to tell the difference between his real self or his 'characters'.

Ricky Gervais...

Quote: Dene Kernohan @ March 20 2009, 9:04 PM GMT

It's ironic, is it not, that in Horne and Corden's sketch show they have a pop at Ricky Gervais -- including his ad nauseam assertion that British movies are crap.

It sounds like L.V.K. is exactly the kind of garbage Gervais means when he says that.

Exactly.

Quote: Maurice Minor @ March 22 2009, 11:45 AM GMT

Exactly.

You say that, but there are just as many shit American films. In fact there are many, many more shit American films produced just due to the sheer number of films that they make over there each year. What he should say, is 'I don't want to appear in shit films'.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 22 2009, 11:47 AM GMT

You say that, but there are just as many shit American films. In fact there are many, many more shit American films produced just due to the sheer number of films that they make over there each year. What he should say, is 'I don't want to appear in shit films'.

Or any thing by Guy Richie.

Quote: Gavin @ March 22 2009, 12:19 PM GMT

Or any thing by Guy Richie.

Same thing, surely?

In that clip they keep showing where they talk about going to Ibiza, Corden's reaction when Horne tells him he's annoying is a complete rip off of Ricky Gervais style acting, although not as good.

That sounds incredibly good luck considering they met on G&S? Surely they were cast after they became know as a twosome

They were first paired on Big Brother's Big Mouth as presenters about 2 or 3 years back.

In the trailer 'Big Gay Werewolves' are mentioned.

Look forward to that sequel!

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ March 22 2009, 2:14 PM GMT

They were first paired on Big Brother's Big Mouth as presenters about 2 or 3 years back.

I'm pretty sure that was after G&S began.

Quote: Martin H @ March 21 2009, 10:55 PM GMT

Fair point, though he played very different roles in 'Fat Friends' and 'Starter For Ten'.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 22 2009, 11:47 AM GMT

Gervais has a lot of faults, but appearing in a lot of shit films isn't one of them. Considering the vast number of projects he's undoubtedly been offered, he's shown remarkable restraint. And although I don't think his film work has matched his TV stuff, it's not dire by any means.

Back on topic, LVK looks shockingly bad, even for a lecherous perv like me who stays up to watch the five minute Fantasy Channel freeview at 11 each night. ;)

Quote: chipolata @ March 23 2009, 11:13 AM GMT

Gervais has a lot of faults, but appearing in a lot of shit films isn't one of them.

I know, I wasn't saying it was.

I didn't think that it was a great film. The central characters are likeable, however, and the priest is delightfully OTT. The vampire girls looked like they were making a meal out of it - but that is kind of what is needed.
A bit of good (if not great) campy fun.