Lesbian Vampire Killers

I read a couple of weeks ago that Corden's was the only laugh to be heard at the film's screenings and premiere. Sounds like that was fairly accurate reporting: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7954681.stm

Was anyone expecting much?

Like I said in the other thread - if the 5 star ratings on your film poster come from Nuts and the Daily Star, then you're unlikely to have an oscar winner on your hands.

This film gets its own thread? Hm.

Quote: Aaron @ March 20 2009, 2:33 PM GMT

I read a couple of weeks ago that Corden's was the only laugh to be heard at the film's screenings and premiere. Sounds like that was fairly accurate reporting: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7954681.stm

This doesn't surprise me as he seems to be on a mission to drown out everyone within a five mile radius, His Smithy routine quickly becomes tiresome when it's taken out of context.

When this was first announced I was quite excited about it, but now I don't know. Some of the reviews have been scathing. If I ever see this then it will only be because of Paul McGann.

I can imagine the pitch -

'how about those two who were quite good in that Kevin and Tracey thing, throw in a lot of scantily clad models and make a horror comedy with tits?'

'Brilliant!'

'And we'll get an actor in to make it seem like a proper film, and not a load of moronic tittilation.'

'Bill Nighy?'

'No'

'Anthony BuffyGuy?'

'No'

Paul McGann? He was Doctor Who?'

'We got a hit!'

Quote: Balf @ March 20 2009, 5:16 PM GMT

I can imagine the pitch -

'how about those two who were quite good in that Kevin and Tracey thing,

Apparently they were both cast beofre Gavin And Stacey ever aired; so it's more good luck on the producers part than purely a cynical cash in.

I was not aware of that. So this took at least two years to make, maybe more? Shee-it.

That sounds incredibly good luck considering they met on G&S? Surely they were cast after they became know as a twosome (G&S, BBBM, etc)?

Either way sounds like a lot of effort for something that only the Daily Star and nudie mags like.

The problem is it seems to alienate half the potential audience - i.e women. I don't think even lesbians would find it appealing.

Quote: Tiggs @ March 20 2009, 5:53 PM GMT

That sounds incredibly good luck considering they met on G&S? Surely they were cast after they became know as a twosome (G&S, BBBM, etc)?

I heard that, but I'm sure they were in Teachers together. Corden was the fat, picked-on Sixth Former and Horne was one of the new teachers in series 4. Maybe they weren't in it at the same time though...

Dan

It's ironic, is it not, that in Horne and Corden's sketch show they have a pop at Ricky Gervais -- including his ad nauseam assertion that British movies are crap.

It sounds like L.V.K. is exactly the kind of garbage Gervais means when he says that.

Anyway, they're a talented pair IMO and I'm sure they'll bounce back but you'd think they might have given this a bit more thought?

Quote: swerytd @ March 20 2009, 6:49 PM GMT

I heard that, but I'm sure they were in Teachers together. Corden was the fat, picked-on Sixth Former and Horne was one of the new teachers in series 4. Maybe they weren't in it at the same time though...

Dan

They weren't, Corden was only in series 1 & 2 if I remember correctly.