Red Nose Day Page 5

Well, no. But if that's how you want to think of it.

It is, yes.

I wasn't that interested in seeing Gervais tonight, was more keen to see Merchant in action. Glad he had such a big part - he needs to be in more thangs.

Quote: zooo @ March 14 2009, 1:25 AM GMT

Ahhh. So we people that got that YEARS ago, are just more intelligent and better readers of subtlety than those who it only just occured to.

Yes that sounds acceptable, I understand now. :)

Go zooo. You and me both (and x millions who don't read BSG forums).

Quote: Aaron @ March 14 2009, 1:18 AM GMT

It's not been on yet!

ah yes, just watched it!

And the actual finale is on Saturday. I just checked. Didn't want to miss my chance of watching Robert Webb again.

Quote: Seefacts @ March 14 2009, 12:13 AM GMT

Secondly: how hot and slutty did Carol Vorderman look?!

I'd use her shit for toothpaste. (to use a quaint local phrase)

Quote: Lee Henman @ March 14 2009, 1:54 AM GMT

I'd use her shit for toothpaste.

You do know she's got a vowel disorder?

Quote: Badge @ March 14 2009, 1:57 AM GMT

You do know she's got a vowel disorder?

As long as it makes my teeth a bit more Whitely.

Her dress looked like it might con-un-drum.

Quote: Lee Henman @ March 14 2009, 1:58 AM GMT

As long as it makes my teeth a bit more Whitely.

It's a consonant problem.

Quote: Leevil @ March 14 2009, 1:41 AM GMT

I wasn't that interested in seeing Gervais tonight, was more keen to see Merchant in action. Glad he had such a big part - he needs to be in more thangs.

Definitely. Said the same to zooo when it was on.

Franz Ferdinand really are unspeakably tiresome.

And I saw Minty's willy. Teary

It's been a big day for you, Aaron.

Am scared!

The Merchant/Gervais sketch was the highlight for me (missed the Outnumbered one unfortunately). Ricky is (apparently) all too aware of his persona and Steve can stand up to him in private comedic terms.
The two of them are obviously equals in writing terms and Ricky (with Steve's help) are actually always one step ahead of the critics.
And Gervais and Merchant, despite what un-PC/charity claims have been made against them, clearly put more thought and effort into delivering for Comic Relief than some other comics.
The big let-down was actually the quality of reporting on the serious films. They were too short on facts and heavy on emotion. Suffering and death treated in too much of a perfunctory manner. The facts don't stop donations, but do help people understand the background better, and possibly invest more than one night of pecuniary release of guilt.

Quote: Leevil @ March 14 2009, 2:00 AM GMT

Her dress looked like it might con-un-drum.