Buzzcocks DVD?

Should one be brought out? I mean the success during Mark Lamarr's era of the show, and now how popular it is with Simon Ansell as host isn't it about time they brought out a Best Of DVD or something?

Yes. But unlikely for the forseeable future due to the very nature of the programming. Any attempts to clear all that music would push the price of the DVD so high that no-one would buy it.

It's repeated almost every night on UK Gold anyway

Well, UKTV G2 actually, but quite. The best idea is to record it for oneself, or find somewhere to download from.

P.S. Lamarr was infinitely better than Amstell.

I'd rather have a bottle of Amstel beer than a bottle of Lemarr. Sound like something you'd wash your hair in.

That being said, Lamarr is better by far

Agreed.

I take it you're not talking about the Manchester Punk band.

Amstell can be very funny at times - totally irreverent.

I vote for Amstell - I don't quite know why but Lemarr just didn't make me laugh or make me want to watch. I get the feeling someone wrote Lemarr's jokes for him (hence he looked stiff) - Amstell is clearly mostly working off-the-cuff as he did so well on Pop World.

You got to hand it to Amstell - he certainly doesn't bother being nice to the guests he doesn't like.

p.s. Rosco - funny :)

I think Lemarr's time passed and it was time for a new guy. I like Simon Anstell. As someone said, it's the irreverence that's funny. I think he tries to be horrible to the guests in a nice way, if you know what I mean.

I always thought there was a DVD but it turns out it's on VHS and is nearly ten years old! It seems to be a 'recording live' rather than a 'best of' collection too:

See Amazon product listing

Dan

Yeah it was a good show. I saw Mark doing the warm-up for Jack Dee and he was pretty damn fine.

It could work as a DVD - it worked with Have I Got News For You.

:)

I'd like to see Mark do some stand up on Comedy Store or something like that. I think his comedy talented is written off too easily.

True. he is very polished as a comedian.

I don't really buy into Simon Amstell as much. He sort of reinvented himself but I find him to be...I don't know, a little too keen. Maybe that's just the green eye speaking.

I watched it tonight and pissed myself laughing all the way through it. Mark was good but Simon's good in a different way.

Mark has a show called Unrepeatable or something, it's pretty good. I'm sure you'll find a tape somewhere on the net.

I kind of admire he has reinvented himself and I am not dissing the guy because he is, actually, genuinely funny.

I just look at him though and think of Jim Henson building him.