Best Opening Titles? Page 3

Quote: Mark @ February 6 2009, 4:14 PM GMT

Please post your favourites to help me come up with a list! It doesn't matter how good the actual show was, it's only the title sequences I'm interested in.

Might already have been mentioned in this thread, but it's actually very difficult to divorce the show from the titles. The quality of the show does tend to influence how fondly you think of the titles. That said, I'd plump for The Day Today and The Good Life.

The start of The Detectives was quite good (unless I'm mixing it up with the shorts rather than the full sitcom version.

Another vote for Brass Eye or The Day Today, whichever was the never-ending one.

Oh, and I liked Extras a lot. There wasn't any opening sequence: the word 'Extras' just fades in, then fades out. Very classy and sticks in memory more than any others.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ February 11 2009, 4:13 PM GMT

The start of The Detectives was quite good (unless I'm mixing it up with the shorts rather than the full sitcom version.

I just remember that as being white writing on a black background.

Wasn't it with the photofits and names/claims to fame and stuff like that? Might be wrong though...

Dan

Brush Strokes had a good theme tune...

Non-comedies I'd say The Prisoner is one of my favourite opening sequences. And you can't beat the original Star Trek.

HBO's always sends a shiver down my spine, a shiver of expected satisfaction that is.

I like Frasier's.

Only Fools and Horses is good too.

I'll shoot myself if I hear the Friends one again too soon.

I'm another for The Goodies. Both versions. It was also a good way to see your favourite clips in the pre-VCR days. The Mighty Boosh is quite atmospheric and looks good.

Friends has to be one of the worst. All that zaniness.

For those who hate Friends (I am among them), you may prefer Adam and Joe's take on the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRb92CDLlq0

I like Friends and Adam & Joe. I'm just sick of the theme tune and the show (although it's been a while since I last saw it).

Adam <3

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace has an epic title sequence!