Man About The House

This was a 70's ITV sitcom which spawned George & Mildred about a bloke who shared a flat with 2 girls - very risque for the time.

The title sequence featured various 2 girls, 1 bloke images such as 2 pairs of knickers and 1 pair of Y-fronts on a washing line.

One image which I think probably went over most people's head was 2 cats and a cockerel - 2 pussies and a cock.

Haha, can't say I noticed that (but then I've not seen much of it). Love G&M though. :)

(RN not quiiiite as good.)

I loved this programme, i will still watch it now if it is ever on. So cool. Never noticed the cock and pussies before. Strange for me. Normaly its the first thing i look for. A nice little bit of info tho for partys. Fankoo

Of the six series I have managed to purchase the first two here in Australia for about five pounds each. Until recently I hadn't seen the show for at least 15 years. I find it very easy to watch and enjoy. I'm still waiting for George & Mildred to be available at a decent price (I did manage to borrow series one from the library and they are sometimes on TV).

So I was right about the credits wasn't I Rob?

Just watched an episode from my "ITV 60" box set, and amused to see Ian Lavender as a bit of a Lothario, which was weird.

Stupid boy.

It's on one of the channels every morning at present.
There are some great lines that have stood the test of time.

The tax inspector come to interview mr Roper

GR; Ah, would you like a drink Mr.....er
TI: Matthews - 2 t's
GR I was thinking more in the line of sherry.

Love his character, speaking of which we don't see much of Groper on here of late - he was a prolific poster at one time, especially about his love of "On the Buses" and his "Have we got a quiz this week Steve". I do miss him.

If it was remade today it would have to be called "Househusband."