Astrology Page 2

As with ghosts and UFOs, I don't see why people have a problem believing these things. For the most part, it's harmless.

Quote: zooo @ January 12 2009, 5:07 PM GMT

I read mine the other day in some fashion magazine for the first time in years, and it stated two dates on which I would... do something, and it had them exactly right. :O

Were the the two things start going out with Aaron and dump Aaron? :D

I briefly wrote an astrology column under the byline Chris Tellbawl. Guess what, kids. I made it ALL up.

Happy birthday though.

Quote: Blenkinsop @ January 12 2009, 5:03 PM GMT

I have the radio on at present and there has just been an astrologer on talking the most phenomenal load of bollocks I have ever heard in all my puff.

If ever there was money for old rope then this is the business to be in. With that in mind I'll just give all Taureans a quick reading.

Cheeky Pluto currently retrograde in you dining room indicates something or other.

A chance encounter with a stranger on the 11.23 from Pease Pottage will lead to a rather unfortunate court appearance before Uxbridge Magistrates in the not too distant future.

Stay indoors on Friday as there is sure to be a gang of mutant daleks marauding up the High St between Monsoon and M&S. The number 12 and the colour bile-green are strongly starred .

Anybody who feels that they have gained anything from this reading then please send me a £20 credit to my PayPal account.

I ... don't even understand what it's on about!

Quote: zooo @ January 12 2009, 5:07 PM GMT

Clearly I don't believe the star sign bits in magazines, but I read mine the other day in some fashion magazine for the first time in years, and it stated two dates on which I would... do something, and it had them exactly right. :O

Ooo. What were they? :)

Quote: zooo @ January 12 2009, 5:30 PM GMT

Some weird woman read my hand once (not my palm). All she could tell people was how many children they were going to have.

And how many did she predict that you would have?

Quote: Phill @ January 12 2009, 11:50 PM GMT

I think it takes a special kind of egotism to think the universe knows more about your life than you do.

Anyone knows more about my life than I do.

Quote: Phill @ January 12 2009, 11:50 PM GMT

Unless they're bricks - then you can pretty much guarantee you're going to have a bad day and possibly meet a dentist in the near future.

And/or neurosurgeon.

The positive of course is that you wouldn't remember.

Quote: chipolata @ January 13 2009, 10:26 AM GMT

Were the the two things start going out with Aaron and dump Aaron? :D

:O :(

Quote: Aaron @ January 13 2009, 1:38 PM GMT

Ooo. What were they? :)

I'll tell you later.

And how many did she predict that you would have?

One boy.

Anyone knows more about my life than I do.

Laughing out loud

Quote: zooo @ January 13 2009, 2:20 PM GMT

One boy.

One bony faux racist man-boy?

I don't have to give birth to him do I?
He'll never fit.

Quote: zooo @ January 13 2009, 2:24 PM GMT

He'll never fit.

:O :O :O

Hehe.

True.

Update:

I see that I kicked this off over two years ago. Doesn't seem possible but anyway...

The radio was on today on the Steve Wright show (I couldn't be arsed to switch it over) and I heard a new kind of snake-oil-selling shite-talking charlatan appearing in the slot where there is normally an astrologer. Astounded I listened as this person proceeded to talk the most monumental load of generalised bollocks I have ever heard. After they'd gone I found myself musing on if in fact they and their ilk weren't an even bigger bunch of barefaced chancers than Astrologers.

And what was m'laddo doing? Analysing dreams that's what.

God it was excruciating and even worse there were sad bastards phoning in to have their own dreams analysed by him.

These people (Dream Analysts) should be run out of town (those phoning in should seek urgent help). I assume that out there, there are sad vulnerable people being parted from their hard-earned by absolute unadulterated piffle like this.

Cah!

Hee.
Some of it does make sense. But only the stuff that's common sense, and anyone could work out.

It's silly to say for example that teeth falling out means money troubles (or whatever they say it means) because it'll mean something different to each person who dreams it.

It is interesting though to find out the common things that many people seem to dream about. Like running away from something and not getting anywhere, etc.

Quote: zooo @ February 7 2011, 6:53 PM GMT

Hee.
Some of it does make sense. But only the stuff that's common sense, and anyone could work out.

It's silly to say for example that teeth falling out means money troubles (or whatever they say it means) because it'll mean something different to each person who dreams it.

It is interesting though to find out the common things that many people seem to dream about. Like running away from something and not getting anywhere, etc.

Exactly!

Mrs B has a theory that works perfectly every time. When I say I had a funny dream last night (as we all do from time to time) she normally points out that it was influenced either directly from the events or variations of events that happened the previous day, or maybe a day or so beforehand. 99 times out of 100 this is correct.

So if my dream has Scooby Doo chasing me to get my ham sandwich, she points out that we were at out friend's house earlier and their dog was hanging around the table as we ate our ham sandwiches etc. etc. Sadly it doesn't mean that I'm striving for a goal that is going to prove successful soon and that will see me living happily ever after in the lap of luxury.

There is simply no wider meaning to dreams that may be hung on everyone who dreams them, any more than there is uniformity in a horoscope for a Taurean of 8 holding good for one of 64.

Where's the harm in people believing in astrology? It's fluff and nonsense but the vast majority of people who believe it don't let it dictate their lives. They glance at their stars in the paper, then move on.

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 7 2011, 6:47 PM GMT

I assume that out there, there are sad vulnerable people being parted from their hard-earned by absolute unadulterated piffle like this.

It's this aspect of the 'trade' that I'm referring to rather than the harmless froth in the newspapers etc. I even read my own from time to time.