Marion & Geoff Page 2

Did it get a third series? Or is Rob Brydon now officially too old for the BBC Three demographic?

No, only two were produced.

I just had my Marion and Geoff DVD returned to me from a friend who had it for at least a year.

Watching it again it reminded me of how good this programme is. Hugo Blick's attention to detail along with Brydon's subtle acting just makes this show lovely to watch.

Quote: chipolata @ January 14 2009, 6:35 PM BST

Did it get a third series? Or is Rob Brydon now officially too old for the BBC Three demographic?

But they did have 'A Small Summer Party' a spin off of the story that keith told about when Marion ran off with Geoff. The spin off was on the second series DVD.

I think that Marion And Geoff was derived from A Small Summer Party... Or that the latter was a re-filmed-for-broadcast version of something quite a bit earlier?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303060/

Here's the guide on this site:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/a_small_summer_party/

As it says, A Small Summer Party was made between the two series of Marion and Geoff.

I think we have crossed wires here. My original question referred to Rob Brydon's Annually Retentive.

As I guess Marion & Geoff, along with two series and a special, also gave rise to The Keith Barret Show.

Annually Retentive only went for two series, yes.

I thought Annually Retentive was a fine idea, but lacked that certain something. The gameshow segements were never entertaining.

Quote: Millsy @ July 8 2011, 12:31 PM BST

I thought Annually Retentive was a fine idea, but lacked that certain something. The gameshow segements were never entertaining.

I agree, I found the show really hard to watch. I found the backstage parts jarred with the gameshow parts. I really wanted to like it, but I found it practically impossible to watch.

It was basically trying to be a Brit Larry Sanders, but with a gameshow instead of a talk show, but it seemed to fail to include much in the way of story.

I've only just realised the premise of Keith Barrett talking to a camera in his car was almost a premonition of what was to follow, with all these bloggers on YouTube.