Comedy.co.uk Awards 2008 Page 5

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 23 2009, 3:01 PM BST

Oooooo. With goody bags and speeches and free drink?

Free drink? Blimey, even I might turn up for that!

Maybe the 'comedy' channel Dave might be interested?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 23 2009, 3:01 PM BST

Oooooo. With goody bags and speeches and free drink?

That's along the lines of what we'd like to do, yes.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 23 2009, 3:09 PM BST

Only if we have a 'Top Gear' award for 'Top Gear'.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 23 2009, 3:06 PM BST

Have you tried asking via Twitter using the BCG's account for a sponsor?

Offhand, I'm unsure. But knowing Mark, probably not.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 23 2009, 3:09 PM BST

We've talked to UKTV in the past.

Quote: Aaron @ September 23 2009, 3:13 PM BST

Offhand, I'm unsure. But knowing Mark, probably not.

Well, it couldn't hurt to ask.

I've got a bit of experience in getting sponsorship, just remember to tell them how many laps of the pool you intend to do.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 23 2009, 2:24 PM BST

I would like to see an award for best and worst comedy drama, but then again how many people would vote for the radio one?

It would be nice to see more radio drama discussed, but it's an uphill battle. And without wishing to reopen old wounds, the decision to close the "Current radio comedy" thread still strikes me as bonkers. Yes, That Mitchell and Webb sound is getting a healthy response, and I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue did okay, but generally discussions of radio comedy on the BCG have pretty much dried up. :(

Quote: chipolata @ September 23 2009, 3:26 PM BST

It would be nice to see more radio drama discussed, but it's an uphill battle. And without wishing to reopen old wounds, the decision to close the "Current radio comedy" thread still strikes me as bonkers. Yes, That Mitchell and Webb sound is getting a healthy response, and I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue did okay, but generally discussions of radio comedy on the BCG have pretty much dried up. :(

Bonkers bonkers bonkers.

Quote: chipolata @ September 23 2009, 3:26 PM BST

I quite agree - we need that thread back. Also, a good comedy drama (although I had it done a sitcom until Mark changed it) is being repeated and soon to have a new series on BBC Radio 7 - Undone.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 23 2009, 4:02 PM BST

I quite agree - we need that thread back. Also, a good comedy drama (although I had it done a sitcom until Mark changed it) is being repeated and soon to have a new series on BBC Radio 7 - Undone.

Sounds like a decent show from the read up. I'm a sucker for all that parallell universe stuff.

Quote: chipolata @ September 23 2009, 4:13 PM BST

Sounds like a decent show from the read up. I'm a sucker for all that parallell universe stuff.

It's on the iPlayer now if you want to give it a listen. Repeats are on Saturdays at 6pm and again at midnight.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ September 23 2009, 3:25 PM BST

I've got a bit of experience in getting sponsorship, just remember to tell them how many laps of the pool you intend to do.

Laughing out loud

Perhaps a better idea would be an award that honoured all the genres currently not covered by any of the other prizes - a single award which covers comedy drama, stand-up, chat shows, etc.

We've not finalised plans for the upcoming awards yet, but I expect that we will introduce awards for each of those.