Being Human Page 30

Quote: zooo @ February 3 2013, 11:03 PM GMT

Well this one was brand new. He can hardly be compared to a centuries old one who would have the experience to be able to murder a whole train full of 'em.

No, but it's all the vampires. It's very inconsistent. It's bugged me since the show started!

Ah. Well maybe each vampire is different. Like people.
Or maybe the writers don't talk to each other enough.

Not a bad ep. The reveal was a bit predictable but the bending over backwards bit was genuinely creepy.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 3 2013, 11:04 PM GMT

No, but it's all the vampires. It's very inconsistent. It's bugged me since the show started!

Yeah, the show is a bit inconsistent. Like that "werewolf blood burns vampires" thing that came out of nowhere. I don't mind a show having a fantastical premise if they stay logically consistent on top of it, this show does struggle to do that though. Not that I don't still love watching it.

Quote: zooo @ February 3 2013, 11:05 PM GMT

Ah. Well maybe each vampire is different. Like people.
Or maybe the writers don't talk to each other enough.

Isn't it just one writer? Toby someone?

"I have no intention of bumming you."

Quote: chipolata @ February 3 2013, 11:08 PM GMT

Not a bad ep. The reveal was a bit predictable but the bending over backwards bit was genuinely creepy.

That was ace.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 3 2013, 11:04 PM GMT

Ach, don't sprain your vagina over it.

I really enjoyed the first episode, which surprised me as I found last series tortuous. But I guess last series was all leading up to getting rid of the final original cast member so once that was done they could start writing fun episode again.

I'm also annoyed by the inconsistencies. It seems that despite apparently being super-scary and powerful, vampires are incredibly easy to kill. All the weaknesses of humans with the added frailties of instantaneous disintegration by staking (except that one time when Mitchell didn't die) and being melted by werewolf blood (which vampires clearly didn't know about until last series as they've been beating up werewolves willy-nilly). It is important to maintain the internal laws of a fantasy world because otherwise the audience don't know where the jeopardy lies in a situation.

I quite like the new cast but there's something about drippy about the new vampire. His predecessor had an air of menace but this one seems quite sweet and cuddly.

Quote: chipolata @ February 5 2013, 11:23 AM GMT

I quite like the new cast but there's something about drippy about the new vampire. His predecessor had an air of menace but this one seems quite sweet and cuddly.

He's also quite sexless which is kind of the opposite of what vampires are. The gormless werewolf is still grating on me, but I'm glad that they are doing something new rather than just having carbon copies of the original three characters.

We had a sexy vampire, now we have a sad cute one. It's fine by me.

I love that Hal is very OCD; his utter disgust at the state of the flat, rather than his thirst for blood was great. I like Tom too, obviously different to George (who was terrifically funny) he has a certain charm and innocence. Getting used to the new ghost still, but hopefully she'll settle in.

Crumb/Cram was a bit O.T.T. but I think he'll become a great villain, alongside this 'agent' blokey.

Guessed the reveal of the old man in the nursing home pretty early on though, which was a shame. Hopefully, he'll be really evil.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 5 2013, 1:20 PM GMT

Guess the reveal of the old man in the nursing home pretty early on though, which was a shame. Hopefully, he'll be really evil.

Certainly could have been hidden better. Even if they'd just not had him shouting swear words like a mad person right away.

He's a popular actor for playing psychos too, so it wasn't a massive leap.

I've seen the actor playing the "agent" vampire playing a complete psycho in Luther too. Well, a pair of psychos actually.

First Ideal, then How Not To Live Your Life, and now this. Zia Bennett, I hate you!!!! Angry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/beinghuman/posts/Final-Series-Announced