Being Human Page 40

Ah, now I see!

Is English the easiest accent to do in the world, or what?
Not only is Hal extremely Irish in real life, but I just realised Rook is Scottish. Both their accents were totally convincing.

I have to say it again ridiculous amount of talent on this show, not the last time we will see these guys. The ability to do accents is something really important for actors, the vast majority of jobs in England or America aren't going to be looking for a Irish or Scottish actor. Without the skill you are really limited greatly.

Unless you are sean connery then you can have a scottish accent no matter what character you are playing. He's a Russian, with a Scottish accent in hunt for red october.

I think the best/worst accent muddle is Highlander. Sean Connery playing a Spaniard with a Scottish accent, Christopher Lambert playing a Scot with a French accent...

I suppose one thing I've learnt from this TV series is that hardly anyone in Wales is actually Welsh, I mean pretty much everyone there is English.

Quote: zooo @ March 11 2013, 6:11 PM GMT

The choices they make all just seem totally arbitrary.

Some expansion, please zooo?

Oh just the usual moaning. Wasn't thinking of anything specific when I said that. They just have a history of dumping my favourite shows, so I'm bitter.

Ideal. Right on a f**king cliff hanger.

Anyone seen the extra scene on the DVD? Could not of been any better in my opinion exactly what I was hoping for. It is on you tube now for those who don't have the DVD.

I got the bluray boxset on Friday, will check it out.

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 14 2013, 9:52 AM BST

I got the bluray boxset on Friday, will check it out.

Hark at Mr Moneybags - if it's not bluray boxsets it's new Kindles! *goes back to eating 9p tin of mushy peas*

:D Were pressies.

I don't know if anyone watches the US version, but it's been renewed for a fourth season. The third season was pretty good so I'm pleased it's coming back :)

One of these days I really need to give the us version a proper chance. I do really like how Sam Witwer from the us version gives a lot of credit and mentions to the British version on twitter,nice to see that.