I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,643

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28656050

The law says it's wrong to give money as a bribe, but it's then ok to give money to the court to end your bribery trial.

The judge in the Bernie Eccleston trial has homes in New York, Beverley Hills and Monaco.

Now.

Peace could be about to break out in the middle east, Hamas have just said they really dig Israel.

Love question 6 !

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/shortcuts/quiz/2014/aug/06/boris-johnson-quiz-mayor-london

Sick, sick, sick.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-28670663

I do have high blood pressure which is medicated.

But watching Jacob Rees-Mogg on Newsnight praising The Big Society for bringing together people in North Somerset to organise a flower show severely tests it.

What f**kin' planet is that twat on?

Our court system may not be perfect but it has to be better than many others.

Germany and Little Twat buying himself off a bribery charge and Pistorious reliant on one person, with two advisors having to wait six weeks.

This morning's Scottish Daily Mail has a new Survation poll of Scotland. Referendum voting intention figures with changes from last week are YES 37%(-3), NO 50%(+4)

That's after the TV debate

Oh dear Mr Salmond

Is the question is Scotland better than England?

Quote: Oldrocker @ 5th August 2014, 11:48 PM BST

What sort of cock-a-mammy court system do they run in Germany?

A very German one. ie greedy. See mistimed other post.

Not exactly news but it was in my newspaper TV listings magazine.

It was an article about Pointless and Alexander Armstrong.

It said that he keeps llamas at his country pile in Oxfordshire.

My eyes aren't what they were and I genuinely thought it said Hamas.

I had visions of them pointing rockets towards Israel from his garden.

Quote: Nogget @ 6th August 2014, 10:00 AM BST

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28656050

The law says it's wrong to give money as a bribe, but it's then ok to give money to the court to end your bribery trial.

Fantastic news story that, wasn't it. Not only has it given a rare insight into Germany's real politik psyche it has proved they are not the morally untouchable liberals the West Germans tried to promote themselves as in the 60s and 70s. We all knew that wasn't the real Germany, this morally dubious greedy grabby opportunistic side is much more like the real Germany.

It has also knocked a severe chink in their thick EU armour probably much to the pleasure of our Eurosceptics if they are clever enough to use it against them in the inevitable EU debates will being see a lot more of. I just love the irony and humour in it, they could make a comedy film out of this one - Germany's state prosecutes super rich sports mogul for bribery after jailing a businessman for taking a large bribe from him, then takes an even bigger bribe itself from the accused to let him off. That's a cracking movie script.

Quote: lofthouse @ 5th August 2014, 7:15 PM BST

I see warsi has resigned over her governments lack of criticism over what's going on in Gaza

Blimey

A politician that puts her principles above her career

And a Tory one at that!

Wonders never cease

Er she'd like you to think that but it's much more:

Quote: sootyj @ 5th August 2014, 8:21 PM BST

Not only is she well bent, she jumped before she was pushed.

Quote: sootyj @ 6th August 2014, 1:14 AM BST

She's fiddled her exies, got her brother to.help,insulted the government,

Yes, she severely embarrassed her govt by falsely claiming for living expenses a year after they were all told the govt can't afford any more expenses scandals. Most in the cabinet thought she should've gone then. She wasn't liked by her colleagues anyway because she was made a life peer just so she could take a cabinet post, and most Tories dream of making it to the House of Lords so this really put their noses out.

Then her manner was very blunt, she was sharp and quite aggressive in her delivery and sadly for her she didn't smile that much, so the typical ambitious woman's lack of sense of humour done for her in the old Tory patriarchy. It even did for Thatcher who most of them worshipped, so a foreign woman who jumped the queue to the house of Lords because the hated PC quota system was always going to be made unwelcome in the cabinet. She obviously knew she'd be dropped in the next reshuffle so she concocted this convenient excuse to save face. Fiendishly female eh? :)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 9th August 2014, 9:00 PM BST

so a foreign woman

According to Wikipedia, she was born in Dewsbury. Did Yorkshire have a referendum that I missed? :S

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 9th August 2014, 9:00 PM BST

so the typical ambitious woman's lack of sense of humour

No, wait - I've found a more offensive bit.

Alfred, there is something they teach you on the first day of barrister training. If you are arguing a point, don't be a wanker.

By that they mean this. If you have one good point and seven crap ones, no-one will ever remember your good point. Better to make that one point by itself then sit down.

I think you can really learn from that.

Try 'foreign' then. She's foreign to the Tory elite and you know it.

Oh I didn't know you were a barrister, you must remember to remind us a bit more.