I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,546

What a total waste and her poor kids. Bollox to drugs.

Quote: sootyj @ 1st May 2014, 11:14 AM BST

It's always nice when kids choose to follow in their parents footsteps, poor old Tigerhernia looks set for a dangerwank.

Booyah!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 7th April 2014, 10:23 PM BST

Let's hope not, if she died because of drink / drugs and left two children without a mother, then my estimation of her would sink even further.

It would appear as if these Peaches were rotten. Sympathy value: -10 and dropping.

Quote: Nogget @ 1st May 2014, 12:02 PM BST

There is a stigma attached to heroin overdose which isn't apparent with alcohol. When Amy Winehouse died, I heard a couple of people say they were glad it wasn't "drugs".

That is definitely true. It might be that most of us drink and we can understand when someone dies of alcohol poisoning because it's a legally sanctioned drug that our society apparently revolves around.

Heroin has always had connotations of being a dark, scary and incredibly self destructive substance linked with crime and death.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 1st May 2014, 3:06 PM BST

It would appear as if these Peaches were rotten. Sympathy value: -10 and dropping.

Sympathy for who? Her family? Isn't it even worse for them that her death was at least in part self- inflicted? Wouldn't that increase their despair?

My sympathy has increased.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 1st May 2014, 2:14 PM BST

Bollox to drugs.

Damn straight. Including alcohol, which destroys far more lives than any other.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27244889

I met her a few times. Always controversial, always a character. I cannot fathom what motivated her to do this.

I always liked good old Sir Stinky Bob and feel life has been unduly harsh on him.

The Boomtown rats were a forgotten, but awesome early punk bad who could actually play their instruments. Band Aid was an awesome gig and the Big Breakfast for years, made breakfast TV watchable.

He however seemed to have as poor skills in fatherhood as he did in picking wives.

Quote: Jennie @ 1st May 2014, 5:26 PM BST

My sympathy has increased.

Woman with no discernible talent who was given everything throws away life through selfish drug use. Yeah, I'll save my sympathy for people who die in a more noble fashion or actually achieved something with their lives.

Quote: Jennie @ 1st May 2014, 5:26 PM BST

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27244889

I met her a few times. Always controversial, always a character. I cannot fathom what motivated her to do this.

I remember seeing her a few times on Newsnight, she was always a little distracting because she had a great set of legs she always showed off in a mini-skirt plus a lovely posh accent. I think she got sucked into the whole political game and was seduced by power. There is a definite taint when you get near the top.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 1st May 2014, 6:21 PM BST

Woman with no discernible talent who was given everything throws away life through selfish drug use. Yeah, I'll save my sympathy for people who die in a more noble fashion or actually achieved something with their lives.

She was talking about sympathy for the family. The kids. Not Peaches herself.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 1st May 2014, 7:14 PM BST

She was talking about sympathy for the family. The kids. Not Peaches herself.

And I previously said several pages ago when the news first broke that I felt bad for the kiddy winks. I'm sorry their mother and grandmother were drug addicts who killed themselves.

But you responded to my post expressing sympathy for the family by making reference to sympathy for Peaches herself.

Personally, I also have sympathy for Peaches.

The thing my job has taught me above all others is that people always behave in a way that makes sense to them. We can only do what we know how to do - we are all products of our environments. I am far more reluctant to judge these days.

However, I accept that sympathy for Peaches may be an unpopular view.

Quote: Jennie @ 1st May 2014, 8:21 PM BST

But you responded to my post expressing sympathy for the family by making reference to sympathy for Peaches herself.

Personally, I also have sympathy for Peaches.

You just said sympathy, I interpreted that as sympathy for Peaches...and what do you know, I was correct. Not sure what you're admonishing me for, but, whatever.

Are you insisting that I must have sympathy for Peaches?

No.

You said that your sympathy had reduced even further due to the cause of death. You did not specify the recipient of the sympathy.

I said the following:

"Sympathy for who? Her family? Isn't it even worse for them that her death was at least in part self- inflicted? Wouldn't that increase their despair?

My sympathy has increased."

Which clearly indicates that rather than decreasing, my sympathy for her family has increased.

In response to that, you then repeated that you lacked sympathy for Peaches.

Matthew pointed out that I was referring to the family not Peaches herself - you appeared to have missed the point of what I was saying.

You then said you had sympathy for the kids. So agreeing with the point that I originally made, which you called me out on.

I then stated that I was referring to her family in the previous posts, but that I also have sympathy for Peaches herself.

:S
Everyone loves a rainy Thursday.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 1st May 2014, 8:28 PM BST

Are you insisting that I must have sympathy for Peaches?

No.

I was simply saying that I do.

Quote: Jennie @ 1st May 2014, 8:33 PM BST

"Sympathy for who? Her family? Isn't it even worse for them that her death was at least in part self- inflicted? Wouldn't that increase their despair?

My sympathy has increased."

Which clearly indicates that rather than decreasing, my sympathy for her family has increased.

In response to that, you then repeated that you lacked sympathy for Peaches.

Matthew pointed out that I was referring to the family not Peaches herself - you appeared to have missed the point of what I was saying.

When I said that 'the Peaches were rotten', you then asked if I meant the family. That's a very strange thing to ask when I've just singled out the deceased.

I naturally assumed you meant your sympathy had increased for Peaches because that was who I was talking about.

Rainy Thursdays create much confusion.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 1st May 2014, 8:36 PM BST

When I said that 'the Peaches were rotten', you then asked if I meant the family. That's a very strange thing to ask when I've just singled out the deceased.

I naturally assumed you meant your sympathy had increased for Peaches because that was who I was talking about.

I worked it out! The fact she kept mentioning the family was my first clue...... Whistling nnocently

I fear my life is just too short for this kind of argument :(

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 1st May 2014, 8:38 PM BST

I worked it out! The fact she kept mentioning the family was my first clue...... Whistling nnocently

:D

MIRROR OF TRUTH TIME: read more carefully. ;)

Quote: zooo @ 1st May 2014, 8:41 PM BST

MIRROR OF TRUTH TIME: read more carefully. ;)

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud