I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,415

Quote: sootyj @ 18th January 2014, 10:26 PM GMT

It's more I like the mythology of religion, I love the idea of some of the stories. Because that's what they are the Bible stories, with not a hint of historical versilimitude. Or even a coherent philosophy you have to find it.

I mean I like Moses, it's like Moses off's some Egyptian overseer c**t and goes on the run. He shacks up with a bird beats the crap out of some shepherds.
Then God says go back f**k up the Egyptians and set my people free.
F**k you says Moses, got my bird, got my sheep.
You will.
Oh yeh well show me your face.
You'll explode if you see my face.
Then show me your arse.

So God shows Moses his arse, Moses is so inspired he takes the mission.

Now that's what I call an inspiring tale and one in which I see all the meaning I need.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Let's face it - the Bible is one fantastic fairy tale book.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 18th January 2014, 11:38 PM GMT

I'm not keen on this version, would prefer like super hell for baddies.

But I think we're all avoiding the big question when it comes to Heaven - where do the puppies and kitty cats go?

If in fact you believe animals have souls and are allowed to reflect on their past lives and if indeed, they have morals to begin with. Some owners say their animals have been 'naughty' - but have they been? And when a pet does something wrong, is it because it's angered it's owner, who has imprinted human morals on an animal? How messed up is that?

Animals have no souls everyone knows that

Quote: sootyj @ 18th January 2014, 11:46 PM GMT

You animal. ;)

RCP if you're a massive arse hole what happens to you in heaven

Quote: sootyj @ 18th January 2014, 11:50 PM GMT

RCP if you're a massive arse hole what happens to you in heaven

I assume that you put you on the douche cloud next to Cliff Richard and Tony Blair.

Simplest version of Hell would be for you to be sent back here to Earth as a baby (or a zebra foal) to have another go at being good.

Quote: sootyj @ 18th January 2014, 11:46 PM GMT

Except for zebras!

What is it with all you Godless degenerate zebra lovers

the equine black and white bumber clart bastards are clearly satans imps

My name is Keewik and I love zebras. *snigger*

Jesus wept. I've recently been studying some animist religions. There's a good story from Borneo about deities inhabiting crocodiles, which can transform into sexy women and then back into crocodiles and devour enemies.

Trying to leave the religious claptrap behind:

Nice piece on how corporations have conditioned people to become addicted to junk food.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/24/magazine/the-extraordinary-science-of-junk-food.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0&smid=fb-share
Inside the hyperengineered, savagely marketed, addiction-creating battle for American "stomach share."

Interesting piece Kenneth.

The equation is wrong though. Not a satisfying crunch for me - more like old cardboard.

Quote: Kenneth @ 19th January 2014, 7:24 AM GMT

Jesus wept. I've recently been studying some animist religions. There's a good story from Borneo about deities inhabiting crocodiles, which can transform into sexy women and then back into crocodiles and devour enemies.

Trying to leave the religious claptrap behind:

Nice piece on how corporations have conditioned people to become addicted to junk food.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/24/magazine/the-extraordinary-science-of-junk-food.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0&smid=fb-share
Inside the hyperengineered, savagely marketed, addiction-creating battle for American "stomach share."

Excellent piece, weird though cos Dr pepper cherry vanilla tastes like ass

nb interesting stuff on US army rations, I was testing them for a blog and they are full of weird stuff.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 19th January 2014, 9:43 AM GMT

Interesting piece Kenneth.

The equation is wrong though. Not a satisfying crunch for me - more like old cardboard.

Yes, that type of crisp's crunch has always felt weird to me. They always feel a bit stale.

An historic village is on fire and the fire fighting helicopter can't get through . .

Police told Norwegian newspaper VG that a helicopter was being delayed because of suspected media drones taking pictures in the area.

"It is important for us to stress that if someone is using drones, they must be get them out of there," police spokesman Nils Erik Eggen said.

"This could create a hazardous situation and may pose a danger to helicopters."

Never heard mention of drones in this country although I did wonder how they got the high up shots of the wood where child was found in Scotland.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/jan/19/rupert-everett-in-defence-of-prostitutes

a very interesting and amusing article on a complex story.