I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,410

If the dad is estranged maybe he just took him.

Quote: zooo @ 18th January 2014, 12:34 AM GMT

They have people out looking for him in fields and shit. He is most likely a goner.

Quote: zooo @ 18th January 2014, 12:34 AM GMT

Good point zooo.

But he has to get into a flat where the boy's mother and four other children are and smuggle his son out unnoticed . . .

Well maybe he has a keyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

And is good at tiptoeing.

'Think you're getting into the world of fantasy now Jones.'

Oh bugger, they just found a body. :( Feel bad for talking about it now.

Unfortunately, that was always going to happen. :( The story of a 3 year old just upping and leaving wasn't credible. Body found at relative's house. So either

1)Mum did it then lied to police.

2)Someone known to the family broke in and took the child in the middle of the night, killed him then hid the body at an address known to the family.

I see they haven't actually arrested the mother, just detained her for questioning.

Such a tragic story.

Quote: zooo @ 17th January 2014, 11:58 PM GMT

His nursery hasn't seen him since Christmas, I assume someone else has seen him between then and the night he supposedly disappeared...

Yes, I just insinuated that a probably perfectly innocent mother could have done away with him herself. I am most likely going to hell.

Sadly it looks as if you may be right. Body found and mother arrested,

Bad news for OR

'New drugs will only be made available on the NHS if they help people deemed to be a benefit to society under proposals that prompted fears elderly people could be denied treatment.

The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (Nice) is due to change how it decides which drugs can be provided by the health service.

The proposals would mean Nice would have to consider "wider societal benefits" of the treatments as well as the cost and benefits to patients.

Dr Paul Catchpole, of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry, told The Daily Telegraph: "It is concerning because, under the new appraisal system, cancer medicine might do less well because older people aren't as beneficial to society.

"You might have a cancer treatment for a severe disease but because the majority of the cancer patients are elderly they aren't generating wider societal benefits, they are more likely to be generating costs.'

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th January 2014, 1:12 PM GMT

Bad news for OR

'New drugs will only be made available on the NHS if they help people deemed to be a benefit to society under proposals that prompted fears elderly people could be denied treatment.

The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (Nice) is due to change how it decides which drugs can be provided by the health service.

The proposals would mean Nice would have to consider "wider societal benefits" of the treatments as well as the cost and benefits to patients.

Dr Paul Catchpole, of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry, told The Daily Telegraph: "It is concerning because, under the new appraisal system, cancer medicine might do less well because older people aren't as beneficial to society.

"You might have a cancer treatment for a severe disease but because the majority of the cancer patients are elderly they aren't generating wider societal benefits, they are more likely to be generating costs.'

so where did you find this, link please

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/new-nhs-drugs-policy-could-see-elderly-denied-treatment-9050297.html

found it, it's more to do with treating one illness in an already failing body. So you survive pancreatic cancer, after alzheimer wipes out your quality of life and kills you anyway. It's more that medical treatment that just opposes death, instead of increasing quality of life is cruel and wasteful.

Quote: sootyj @ 18th January 2014, 1:23 PM GMT

It's more that medical treatment that just opposes death, instead of increasing quality of life is cruel and wasteful.

I suppose when NICE ban smoking shelters on hospital grounds and the elderly smokers are forced out into the cold and rain in their gowns to enjoy a ciggy, they can then withhold treatment caused by this measure and make sure they're good and dead.

It's a kind of cruel euthanasia but effective.

I wait to hear of the first hospital burned to the ground because of people smoking in the internal bin stores.

My local hospital spent thousands hiring people to encourage people not to smoke outside the front.

It's all a bit pointless.

Quote: sootyj @ 18th January 2014, 1:53 PM GMT

It's all a bit pointless.

I think these 'death panels' as the Americans call them are a good idea, but I think they should be selective about which old people they murder.

I think if an old person has retired from working in the public sector at the age of 50 on a great big fat pension, bought their council house for next to nothing, lives to be over 80 - thus spending more time retired then employed - and enjoys free travel, winter fuel payments, free prescriptions, etc. then they are a likely candidate.

If these same old people complain about scroungers on benefits, they should go to the top of the list for crimes against irony.

I welcome this news, and hopefully one day this country is going to see sense and turn expensive medicines into the prize in a Hunger Games style competition.

Out of context I was referring to removing smoking shelters.

And then I saw the big fat public sector pension and retiring at 50.

That refers to soldiers and policemen,

Toot toot there goes the Renegade Carpark windup machine.