I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,409

The Oscar Nominations have been announced.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25757345

This year marks a special occasion for Hollywood as a huge amount of people have actually seen one of the films on the list.

So prepare for an onslaught of 'Gravity should have won' angry diatribes on a social media outlet near you.

Well previous film lists have lacked gravity has quite a pull

Gravity has quite a pull

And Steve Coogan gets a Screenwriter nomination.
In your face!

I hope Steve McQueen doesn't get an Oscar, I felt totally ripped off my his '12 Year Old Slaves' film - it wasn't the paedo extravaganza I expected it to be.

I still cracked one off to it though.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 16th January 2014, 2:01 PM GMT

The Oscar Nominations have been announced.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25757345

This year marks a special occasion for Hollywood as a huge amount of people have actually seen one of the films on the list.

Aye. I've seen The Act of Killing, which should win best documentary. Everyone should see it.

There is a tyre fire up my end of the country. 15 thousand tons of old tyres burning away and the fire brigade can't put it out. They will be there weeks........

The report says the smoke can be seen from outer space.

Short video of it. http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/update/2014-01-16/exclusive-aerial-pictures-from-sherburn-tyre-fire/

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th January 2014, 4:23 PM GMT

There is a tyre fire up my end of the country. 15 thousand tons of old tyres burning away and the fire brigade can't put it out. They will be there weeks........

The report says the smoke can be seen from outer space.

Nasty. Wonder how it started? A couple of adjoining plastics factories not far from my place went up in smoke a couple of years ago. The fire/smoke lasted for several days. Such places and old tyre centers ought to have better fire prevention systems.

This boy that's missing in Edinburgh . . .

Mother puts him to bed at 7.15.

And then he's noticed as missing the following morning.

Why would one not check on him before going to bed?

Was the flat locked and the key out of harms way?

His nursery hasn't seen him since Christmas, I assume someone else has seen him between then and the night he supposedly disappeared...

Yes, I just insinuated that a probably perfectly innocent mother could have done away with him herself. I am most likely going to hell.

You probably wouldn't be on your own!

Must say I can't imagine a 3-year-old being capable of getting himself dressed and letting himself out of the house. Or maybe my weans were particular incompetent. And where is his father in all this?

He wouldn't even be able to reach the door handle would he?

Maybe he just woke up early and wandered out some time in the morning when she left the door open putting the bin out. Hope he gets found alive, but it's looking less likely the more time passes. :(

Police are at last saying it might be a criminal act.

At the moment who knows in the last 2 child disappearance cases one was a srptranger one was family

Let's just hope he wondered off and is found