What are the best funny sitcoms from 2000 - now? Page 5

Tried Green Wing?

Sadly the last decade has been pretty bereft of decent studio sitcoms. In fact, decent sitcoms at all.

Quote: Aaron @ June 26 2013, 12:52 PM BST

Tried Green Wing?

Sadly the last decade has been pretty bereft of decent studio sitcoms. In fact, decent sitcoms at all.

Again yes, and really like it too :) Incredibly surreal and pretty dark too, at that. Didn't like the special all that much, but last season was still fine IMO.

Guy never fails to crack me up :D

PS: Also seen Nathan Barley and LOVE IT. More so, since I see plenty of such idiots online and offline frequently :P Brooker and Morris nailed it IMO. Although I do realize that it bombed big time and from what I see isn't liked much around here either?

PPS: Need some general sitcom recommendations, is it okay to start a new thread? Don't want to derail this one.

A lot of people hated Nathan Barley (not me). But I've noticed that when people give it another go years later they seem to like it a lot more. Oddly.

Yes, I also. I think it was simply ahead of its time in many ways, mocking a type of person that relatively few of the audience had actually seen at the time.

And yes Maurice, please do start a new thread. :)

At first I thought that I'm purely 1980s-90s guy. But after reading this thread - no, there are still some Britcoms from the aforementioned era that I enjoy,

Still Game (I've met some Scottish people who do not know this one. How is that possible?!)
Coupling
Black Books
The Thick of It (I've not seen third series, as I need subtitles. Sometimes I miss the plot turns simply because I'm savouring the language...)
Mrs. Brown's Boys (eeehmm :) My guilty pleasure)

I have watched an awful lot of sitcoms in the time period you mentioned, I wouldn't recommend many of them to be honest.

The first 5 series of My Family were brilliant but it slipped a little after that, same goes with Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, never the same when Johnny left but was brilliant until then!

Apart from that it's only Mrs. Brown's Boys (which of course is very love or hate) really that I love. Other comedies that I've watched and found okay:

Grownups, Coming of Age, The Green Green Grass, Miranda, Little Britain, Not Going Out.

Personally I loved Dr Terrible's House Of Horrible. If you are a fan of Hammer Horror films then you will enjoy it all the more.

Quote: TBone @ 3rd July 2013, 8:56 PM BST

Personally I loved Dr Terrible's House Of Horrible. If you are a fan of Hammer Horror films then you will enjoy it all the more.

Love this show a lot.
Got terrible reviews and never got repeated.
Life ain't fair.

This is such a depressing thread.

Looks like Pulling hasn't had a mention yet.
Him and Her.
The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret.
Friday Night Dinner.
Cuckoo.
Curb Your Enthusiasm is American, but there are definite influences of British humour. It's nothing like Friends. I'd also add Louie to that list if you're open to the odd American show.