Sitcoms that shouldn't have been made? Page 5

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ June 15 2013, 12:17 PM BST

You're an animal!

;)

I'm not it's just that I do like Rowan Atkinson and the rest of the cast but I really think that the show is awful. I have tried and tried to get into Blackadder but I just really hate it and cannot understand why it is so popular!

Quote: G180e @ June 15 2013, 12:19 PM BST

I'm not it's just that I do like Rowan Atkinson and the rest of the cast but I really think that the show is awful. I have tried and tried to get into Blackadder but I just really hate it and cannot understand why it is so popular!

I have the same problem with "The Matrix". Everyone told me how genius the film was...(some still do), but I only find it boring and pseudo intellectual. Maybe the fact that I don't like Keanu Reeves doesn't help either.

Nighty Night

Night!

Quote: george roper @ June 16 2013, 12:42 AM BST

Nighty Night

Didn't Julia Davis base her role on Blakey? Just a thought...

Quote: george roper @ June 16 2013, 12:42 AM BST

Nighty Night

Yes that was an awful show.

Quote: G180e @ June 16 2013, 2:07 PM BST

Yes that was an awful show.

It had awful characters, but that was kind of the point. Brilliant show, in my view...

I must say I agree with G180e in a certain way. Although I see the show has a great comic quality I found most of the scenes disgusting. But I enjoyed the scenes with the great Mark Gatiss. And of course the great theme tune.

Quote: G180e @ June 15 2013, 11:31 AM BST

I wish that Blackadder was never made as I really don't see what the fuss is all about that show!

Blackadder is incredible Cool First series was meh, third and fourth are just incredible though. Love the show and would watch it a hundred times and still won't get sick of it. And obviously Cast's so good Lovey

Quote: Tim Azure @ June 13 2013, 8:24 AM BST

Compared to every other 90s show?

I don't get why you wouldn't want a well written show, okay you might not like sci-fi. Otherwise good writers are to a hiding to nothing.

Terrific compared to whom?

:(

I'm not sure if you're slating or defending Red Dwarf here? If defending, so was I, I was replying to David Smith...

Oh and my username on here was hastily ripped from the last sketch I'd seen :D

The Royle Family
Big Top
The Royal Bodyguard
The Gemma Factor
Lunch Monkeys

Some astonishing replies here. "The Office" and "Spaced"... ouch. Thought The Office was very good, and the US version very good (for several years). Spaced had a Young Ones feel to it, it wasn't afraid to experiment.

So my choices... How about Last of the Summer Wine? Open All Hours too. Never found them funny, although did like First of the Summer Wine, strangely. I'd classify these as better if never made because something better might have been made and broadcast in its place on Sundays. A "Bit of a Do"... I'd say make it, but make it on the BBC rather than ITV, because it had an awful ITVness to it.

Yeah, The Young Ones. Not so much 'shouldn't have been made' as 'should be forgotten'.

Open All Hours is a classic though.

:)

2point4 Children
My Family
My Hero
Clarence
Sorry!
Chef!
Brush Strokes
May To December
The Wright Way
Goodnight sweetheart
Don't Wait Up
Just Good Friends
Home To Roost
Last Of The Summer Wine
Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps
In With The Flynns
As Time Goes By
Fresh Fields
French Fields

Christ I watched a lot of dire TV comedy when I was younger. If I'd have learned to play the piano or even just juggle or something on those dark, winter nights in my childhood, I'd have my 10,000 hours logged by now and be an expert in something. Shit sitcoms, I resent you! Wow, this is like therapy.

:O